Sewer! Or sew-er?

I finally balled up my courage to sew a bonnet today. Justin held down the couch and Amelia emptied my scrapbook supplies out of my cabinets while I made the attempt. I am REALLY happy with the result! I only had to rip out four seams and recut the lining once. My sewing maching freaked out only once and Amelia helped me choose the ribbons. My good friend Catherine squealed with delight at my bonnet...ok, not really, but she is a pretty good reactor. I take my crafty creations to her because she makes my head swell bigger than a watermelon (which is green, by the way) with her effusive praises. I am especially eager to report that the whole project only cost about $1.50! The same type of bonnet is selling for $25 on Etsy and in boutiques. Yipee! Props to my grandma Baerwaldt for donating the eyelet and lace. You rock grandma...from one crafter to another.

Comments

"sew" cute. haha. i know, horrible. Love the 12 month pics too!
Taylor's said…
You continue to amaze me with your talent . . . .can some of that rub off on me!

I love the bonnet; we need to have a crafty day once a week with either other; the men can hold down the couches while we crafte.

Amelia looks so cute in the red hat and outfit; I absolutely love it!

Popular Posts