Motherhood

Thursday night Amelia freaked out. We went on our usual evening walk and visit to the park. She learned how to slide down by herself once placed at the top of the slide. After about 30 slides I was getting tired but she was not. We had one more slide then walked back to the stroller to continue our walk. That was when her first tantrum started. She cried all the way home. She cried all the way into our home, the bath tub, getting jammies on, reading books, etc. Her behavior was so strange. She was rigid like her tummy or bowels were in pain. When I held her she wrapped her legs around me. When on the floor she would scoot herself backwards like she was trying to take off her bum. I was worn out after an hour of this crying. Nothing would console her. We finally went outside (where the crying intensified) and walked over to my neighbor's home. They have three little children. Eventually, the curosity of the toys and kids overcame her crying. My neighbor gave her a blessing. I gave her benedryl and then put her to bed.

I still am completely baffled by her outbreak. I checked her entire body for bug bites, bee stings, diaper rash, sore throat, etc. Was it tantrum? If so, I am in for a long terrible twos.

My new theory on Motherhood: rollercoasters (period). Love the highs. Love the lows because they lead to the highs. Love the person beside you. Love the unexpected. No book would explain that. Ha, ha.

Comments

Taylor's said…
I think you just about summed up Motherhood. It is just remembering all of that in the heat of the moment.

Sorry, we were not here for the tantrum; but I am relieved that she received a blessing and calmed down.

Thanks again for letting her come and play! Bring her over more often we love having her!
Natalie Sue said…
Yay! I can see your blog now. It's SO much fun to read, sheesh, you are a good blogger, and photographer! Oh I know.. can't you just wait for the terrible two's? Yikes. But good advice to love every minute of it. Amelia is so gorgeous!

Popular Posts