Cafe Rio Bliss

Today I was industrious. I actually planned a meal in advance. Last night (surprise) I defrosted a largish pork roast. This morning I prepared it to cook in the crock pot all day (surprise) before church. James, Miekka, Seth, Jacob, Jana, and De-bo all came over for dinner. I was really surprised to find all the ingredients needed (with some substitutions) to make Cafe Rio pork salads. Yummy. One good thing about fasting is that nearly anything tastes good after 24 hours of no food. Amelia bonked her lip playing "ghost train" after 20 seconds. She was pretty crabby with her cousins. If Jakes looks at her she practically melts into tears. Dra-ma.

Justin should hear back this week about a possible new job offer. He had two interviews and a lunch with the company so far. The new job would mean less traveling, more pay, and more health insurance coverage. We are thinking of moving into a more practical home with more storage and a garage for Justin's future motorcycle. LOL...men. He told me we needed a new house with a garage for a motorcycle we don't own.


I am feeling MUCH better. The medication to calm down my colon seemed to help. Yippee! I will be on my bike early tomorrow morning after a four day break. I hope your colon doesn't go into spasms anytime soon. Not fun.

Comments

yum sounds good! I need those recipes you had...especially the dressing. mmm. Glad you're feeling better, and I hope the job/house thing works out! I know you'd be glad to get rid of those stairs, eh?
Courtenay Beth said…
Jenni....I could look at your pictures forever! Seriously. You are so talented, and Amelia is growing like a weed, she is just scrumptious! So I'm gathering that it's your birthday this week... what day is it? I gotta know, and I have something for you, I think you'll like it, maybe even love it! Love ya!
Taylor's said…
You crack me up!

I had no idea about Justin having a new job offer! Exciting! And about moving . . . I don't want you guys to leave . . . but I do know what you mean about storage and the motorcycle; although we don't have the "pretend" kind.

Have fun with the bike ride!

Popular Posts