Park City Retreat


As close as I'll ever get to kissing a deer
The Chateaux
I watched little Kate, my good friend Catherine's baby, Thursday morning. I am so grateful we don't have twins!! Amelia took a bad tumble down the stairs. She bruised her cheek and possibly twisted her ankle. She was really clingy after my absence the day before. Kate and Amelia were so cute together! We went to the park and played with Kate's toys at home. Kate even let me snuggle her for 10 minutes. So nice...
Justin and I had our first night away in Park City Thursday evening. De-bo stayed with Amelia at our home overnight. The firm held their yearly retreat at the Chateaux at Silver Lake in Deer Valley. Our room is very posh! We stayed here last year as well. We had an hour to relax in our room before dinner. Dinner was held at the Empire Lodge. All the guests mingled for an hour before dinner enjoying conversation, appetizers, and drinks. Dinner consisted of salads, prime rib, salmon, potatoes, and bread. It was very delicious. I enjoyed talking with Justin's colleagues.
The best part was sleeping an entire night without interruption. This morning I walked around the resort area for an hour taking in the incredible hotels. I sort of felt like the Country Mouse coming to visit the Town Mouse. It would be hard for me to squander so much money on such wealth. Breakfast was buffet style. In a little while, everyone will congregate to listen to a guest speaker before lunch. Afterwards we will return home.
The guest speaker was Dr Hull. He was in a trampoline accident that made him a paraplegic. He told his story about recovery and overcoming huge obstacles. It was very inspiring. Glad to have use of my limbs!! Amelia was very glad to see me. She melted into tears when I bonked her head with her car seat. Poor thing was tuckered out after all that excitement.

Comments

Taylor's said…
Thank you so much for watching our little Kate. I feel awful about Amelia taking the spill down our basement stairs! Those are the stairs I broke my tailbone on when Kate was 4 months old!

Glad to see you guys were able to get away and leave Amelia for a night. I know how hard that is . . .I still have yet to leave Kate!
sounds like you had fun! I look forward to the day when I will sleep again for longer than a few hours. It will be a great day! hehe. Hey I need your address for Sadie's birth announcement. I may have gotten it before, but I lose addresses like nobody's business! So if you could email it to me that would be awesome. thanks!
Natalie Sue said…
Looks like a lot of fun!!! It's nice to go somewhere fancy sometimes!

And I figured out how to view your blog better! Cause lots of times it won't pull up for me.. so weird. BUT, if I just go to your blog archive, I can view it like that. WAHOO!!!! So I'll be here more often to comment on your gorgeous photos!

Popular Posts