Who Needs Sleep? No, You're Never Going To Get It

Phew! I meant to have this posted on Sunday but my computer is having issues downloading the pictures from our trip. We are so glad to be home. The best part was sleeping in our own beds! I think our whole house could fit inside mom's kitchen. It is also lonely to be back home. Amelia and I were getting used to all the hustle and bustle of having adults running around. Amelia is not sleeping very well. We expected that. However, I did not expect her to drop her naps. So far I caught the flu AND a nasty cold in less than 4 days. Yucky.

In order to help Amelia readjust to being home and most importantly sleeping in her bed we've pretty much stayed home since Saturday. This afternoon after an hour of crying instead of napping I went in and asked her if she wanted to take a nap on Mommy's bed. She was very interested in this proposition. I laid down next to her and closed my eyes, then asked her to close her eyes. She scrunched up her whole face trying to close her eyes. It was so, so cute. I need to remember to enjoy the journey because she will not be small for long. One thing I learned in Jerusalem is that taking consessions and negotiating is part of life. Amelia, I love your guts!

Comments

Popular Posts