Indian Cooking Class


This evening our RS hosted a cooking class at Sister Mason's home. Last month they asked me to teach a cooking class. I chose Indian food because it is so yummy and not very many people know how to make it. Saturday afternoon I went shopping and found everything except the yogurt at Walmart. Our menu included Naan bread, Raita, Rice Pilaf, Chicken Curry, and Tikka Masala. Phew! It was really fun. I arrived at Sister Mason's an hour early to cut the vegetables and try to prepare the food for faster cooking. I absolutely hate not having decent pans and knives to use. The house we are in only has three steak knives as kitchen knives...not cool. Every pan here is the cheap thin kind that burns everything, even water.

I started off showing how to prepare the rice, then the bread, mixed up the raita. Waited for the pans and oven to cool from the naan to finish the other two dishes. It worked out pretty well. Amelia was so hilarious. She acted like she was a hostess, greeting everyone and making us all laugh. She is a really talkative person. Cracks me up because Justin and I are not very outgoing or talkative. To have a living parrot acting like a monkey is a total delight.

Now I am totally exhausted. I got up at 6:20 to get to the gym before Justin left for work. Today was also laundry day at the laundromat. I now love, love nap time. Let me know if you want any recipes!!

Comments

You are so awesome to bring food to me! It was amazing, I inhaled it!! You are a wonderful cook!

Recipes for sure, I will try and duplicate! Were you actually able to find the recipes you needed in Sidney? WOW!!

Popular Posts