Merry Mia's Summer Outfits


In desperation for better weather I buckled down this week and made Amelia six outfits for summer. It was delicious working with bright colorful fabrics, giving hope for 70 degree weather again. Yah, right...we have another Winter Storm Watch for Monday-Wednesday. LOL, maybe if I made a dress spring would come.

In church today we had a new baby blessed in our ward. A non-member friend attended the blessing. He got up and bore his testimony for us all. I was very impressed. He even had some good comments in Sunday School...why is this guy NOT baptized??? The missionaries are coming to Sidney so maybe this will be his chance. I commend the family for inviting him and being such a great example. We also watched the new Church Welfare DVD for combined RS/Priesthood meeting. It was very inspiring! For the first time in about 10 years we will have to go to the church to watch General Conference. I remember my mom making General Conference weekends memorable experiences. Sometimes we packed picnics, once she even got us KFC, a RARE treat. Attendance to Saturday conference was poorly attended, we usually had a pew to ourselves to stretch out, color, and "pay attention." In a way I am looking forward to trying this out again. It may be a different experience with a toddler, but we will see.

Comments

wow love those shirts! Gorgeous! When does your shop open? Seriously! hehe
totally cute outfits! Love all the skirts! You'll have to teach me how to make the skirts better! I finally started Ella's pineapple shirt this afternoon...after the gift shirts were finished! phew! I don't know what to do on those new ones I bought...hmmm...

Church was good today. I taught primary again...but the kids were pretty good!

And dinner...YUMMY!!!! Love that smoker!
Taylor's said…
Those shirts are awesome!

I can't believe you have to trek to church for conference! I remember those days well!

This year, I am going to my sister's place so I will probably be joining you - in a church building - watching conference!
Well, you're welcome to join us at our house for conference, if you so desire. I always make a HUGE breakfast and then we graze all day long. seriously, the invitation is open if you want it!
And I was thinking of making Princess and Duchess some skirts - you've just inspired me! Now, if only you'd teach me how to make those cute shirts...
I'm looking forward to the warm weather, too. I'm sick of being cooped up with the kids. Blech!
(Oh yeah, and wasn't Trooper D just AWESOME!?!?! I'm still amazed! can't wait for those elders!!!)

Popular Posts