Our Weekend

I finally have a reprieve to write about our weekend. Amelia is keeping us busy!! Last night she was not feeling well so was acting like a Prima Ballerina. Either she is not feeling well or the terrible twos are out in force. We even went on a walk in freezing cold wind to temper her little feelings. Didn't help much! Strange to think it was 74 degrees last Wednesday and this morning it was 3 degrees outside. Yikes!!!!

Saturday morning Justin and I both hunkered down to finish preparing our lessons for Sunday School and RS respectively. We made a trip to Safeway to get some cereal for a $1 per box other good deals they had this past week. We decided to stay around during nap time since Amelia is now napping in her own bed. Yes, you heard right! Ever since we went to Jordan Amelia was a stinker when it came to napping. I decided it was not a bad idea to nap myself so started napping with her for 20 minutes or so, then get up and have my Mommy time. In the past month or so she started waking up every time I even moved crying for Mommy. It was torture to nap with her for over an hour. Thursday I got so fed up with her clinginess she was banished back to her crib. She actually surprised me and didn't make much of a fuss (only crying for 20 minutes) and then slept for over 2 hours. We made sure she napped in her crib for consistency sake. I am liberated!!

Saturday evening we took a mini trip to Sterling, CO, a small town about 40 minutes away. The town boasts a larger Walmart and several other stores like Dollar Tree. We shopped at Dollar Tree mostly stocking up on candy, purses for Amelia, and coloring books. I spotted a really busy restaurant that promised to have some good eats. We dined on Prime Rib (Justin), buffalo wings (me), and a yummy salad. Amelia charmed the waiter by telling him how cute she was. I crocheted another hat during the drive.

Our lessons went well on Sunday. I was just glad to not be subbing in Primary! Three people still asked me to sub before and after Sacrament Meeting. Amelia almost came with me to Gospel Doctrine because there was no one in Nursery, luckily, someone volunteered at the last moment. Justin taught about section 25. We had some pretty good discussions about marriage relationships. I taught about missionary work. At first I was so cold that my mouth kept talking too fast, once my temperature regulated I slowed down a bit. The vent was blowing directly on my head!!

We invited the Grunig family over for dinner. I made a pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and french bread. Sister Grunig brought a yummy apple crisp for dessert. We enjoyed getting to know each other, swapping mission stories etc. Brother Grunig served his mission in Southern France like my Dad.

Amelia started singing songs about 2 weeks ago. I took a couple videos of her singing "Twinkle, twinkle little star" and "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam". There are a couple other links to videos of her just being cute. I finally captured her saying "sumbiddy, he he he he he he!" We have no idea what she is talking about or meaning but whatever it is sure is cute. Enjoy the videos!!

Twinkle Little Star
Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
Licking a Bowl
Sumbiddy He He He He and Version 2

Comments

Taylor's said…
Wow - what a busy weekend - and FINALLY; she is back in her own bed for a nap! I bet you are so glad to finally have your own time again.

Sorry we missed your call - I am bummed - I almost called you on my way home from dropping off my sister but then I looked at my cell phone and it was past "calling" hours!

We really miss you and your family. Kate is doing better; she is scheduled at Primary Children's on March 21st at 1:15 PM to under testing on her kidneys - hopefully we will not have to stay over night that night (praying and keeping my fingers crossed).

When are you guys headed this way? Also, any luck on the house buying and selling?
yay! I'm glad she's napping better! Was that hint hint for the yellow hat for me to make one, or are you offering? hehe. That dinner sounded delicious by the way!

Popular Posts