New Tenants



Pondering the amazing quality of Ramen Noodles!!

We welcome Dorothy and Dorothy to our humble home. I decided it was time to get fish again. I'd pull out my 10 gal tank but have NO idea which box or boxes to look in. Amelia chose two cheap $.24 common goldfish while I picked out a $7 bowl kit. That was the best $7.58 cents ever spent. Amelia crooned to her Dorothies during the cart ride to check out. The bright and happy rocks and fish bring a boost of color to our bland home. If I could just hang some pictures, paint, etc...our house would feel much more lived in. Yesterday we also brought five new pairs of shoes I got off eBay! One pair has little squeakers inside so as Amelia walks she squeaks. She calls them "Mousie" shoes. She's danced around the house for a couple hours now. I crocheted about four more hats to add to my "for sale" collection. I am preparing for two craft shows in April. Last night I made up and ordered 500 business cards for my ScrapShirts and Apple Green Photography businesses. I am trying to keep business local because being a mom is still my number one priority.


I had a Dr visit this morning. We arrived 5 minutes prior to our 10:20 visit and were not seen until 11:30. Thankfully, Amelia had on her mousie shoes and a pickle to keep her busy. The Dr is concerned that this pregnancy may have a complication, placenta previa. He ordered another ultrasound for the 22nd week to see if my uterus enlarged enough to move the placenta off the cervix. Hopefully, this will be the case. Often if placenta previa is diagnosed the baby comes very early (around 30-35 weeks), bed rest and complete cessation of movement (exercise) etc in the third trimester, and c-sections are ordered to deliver the baby. I have not had any major issues yet, so hopefully the placenta moved. At least we get another ultrasound and hopefully a peek at the gender of our baby. The ultrasound is scheduled for 27th of April.

I am planning a visit to Utah. Justin will stay here since April is a busy month for him due to a project coming due. Amelia and I plan to drive out on the 15th and return around the 22nd. My Dad and Jeff will be in town so we plan on having a merry family party. I was thinking the other day, without Mom home too who will feed Dad and Jeff? They are not accostumed to cooking for themselves!! Dad will survive with his Slimfast and tuna, but Jeff? Ha, he is rich!!

Comments

cute Dorothy's!! We had a beta fish for a few years, then it died!

Bummer about the dr. appt. I hope everything is okay! Take it easy girl! No road biking yet!

Of course, love the shoes. You know how many pair Ella has! And me, for that matter!

yeah for trips to UT...can't wait for mine next week!
goodness! I hope it end up being nothing! Bed rest would be hard with a 2 year old huh?
I'm loving those shoes! HOw much did you get them for? They look brand new!
Courtenay Beth said…
CUte fish, cute shoes, cute Amelia. I'm stoked for you to come visit! Where do you want to stay? I can make up a room for you in our office/family room, or whatever you want. John and I will be gone till the 19th, so you can take our bedroom till then, and when we come back we can play! I miss you! I want to go to some crafty stores with you, and you can teach some of your wise wise ways! Can't wait!
Taylor's said…
So I totally almost bought the same shoes for Kate - we love squeaker shoes! Thank goodness you can pull the squeakers out when you get tired of hearing the noise.

Are you kidding me about the whole pregnancy thing - oh man - that stinks - I wish I was there to take Amelia for you so you could relax. Don't over do it - and I pray things will work out.

And FINALLY - I get to see you! I am marking it down on the calendar - and that means you will also be here for the consignment sale! YEAH!!!!!
I hope things go okay with your pregnancy. Be sure to take it easy! Can't wait to hear what you're having!!
You know that if you are ordered to bedrest that we'll all take great care of you and Mia. and even if you DON'T get on bedrest, we'll still take care of you! I hope it all turns out fine.
Your Dorothies are as cute as little goldfish can be! Glad Mia's enjoying them!
I haven't been to Utah in YEARS! I'm heading there in May and I can't wait!!! have a fun time!
Johnson Family said…
Okay, these comments are way late (and way long) but I couldn't get your blog to pull up on IE, so I had to use Firefox! Anyway, how exciting that you will be in Utah! That will be fun! Also, I totally had the placenta previa too, luckily it corrected itself! Just for sure take it easy...my MIL(mother-in-law) had it with all of her kids, and made it through all right, if that makes you feel any better! And I love the shoes, especially the squeaky shoes...we don't have any, but I've totally seen them! And your fish! Gotta love them! Once ours died, we were done! You're a better sport with the whole fish thing, seeing as how you've done this before!

Popular Posts