Sidewalk Slurper


Yesterday Justin went turkey hunting with Matt (Alison's husband). The guys got up at 2:30 am and drove about 3 hours north. They wanted to see the turkeys roosting at dawn. I was amazed they actually got up and left that early. I did not hear anything from Justin until he crept in to bed after 11 pm. I was under the impression the guys would be back before dark, since it is hard to shoot a turkey in the dark. I guess they tracked a turkey for a while, even getting the bird to answer back a couple times when they called. For 20 hours of work and no pay back it seemed like a useless trip to me. BUT...I am not a guy so don't appreciate the intricies of hunting. I guess 20 hours of hiking and waiting is "FUN."

Amelia and I cleaned out the closest for our new washer and dryer. It won't be here for another week but I am hoping they will deliver early. It is fun to dream. We went to the Post Office to mail some orders from my new shop!! Yipee! Before nap time I planted two tomato plants. One a tomato patio plant in a planter and the other I am experimenting with the "topsy turvy" planter and a celebrity brand tomato plant. While I watered the plants some of the water collected on the sidewalk. Amelia immediately turned bottoms-up and slurped the water from the ground. Some ground up chalk made an impression on her forehead. Her smile was so funny that I grabbed my camera. She loves to see pictures of herself with silly marks on her face. After naps we played at the park for almost 90 minutes. Then we went to get some dinner at KFC. I waited to get ice cream for when Justin came home...he never did get home in time. Mother's Day ice cream at Dairy Queen is tradition. Little stinker. He owes me a dipped cone. At home I watched a chick flick about two bride-zillas. It was okay. Amelia and I played playdough while I watched my movie. Then I gave her a bath and put her to bed. About this time I finally had some downtime to prepare my RS lesson. The topic seemed a little strange and maybe even ironic, especially for Mother's Day: Responding to Persecution with Faith and Courage. After my lesson I finished reading Ink Death by Cornelia Funke, the ending book to the Inkheart series. Pretty good!!

Comments

I still don't get the whole 'fun' of hunting, walking, waiting all day! Sorry for giving you false hope that they would be home before dark. I knew they wouldn't be...I should keep my wishing to myself! :)

Your lesson was really great today, you are a natural!

Slurping off the sidewalk...EW! Now Ella is slurping the road puddles, gross!! Great pictures though!

Popular Posts