Under 100 Club


Yesterday was a busy day for us. I spent my last night on the floor of her room on Monday. After she discovered how to get out of her crib it was impossible to sleep on Monday. Justin spent 2 hours just sitting with her, she never settled down. In order to juice up my batteries for a battle of wills I slept on her floor. Yesterday we spent most of the day toddler proofing her room. It was hard to put all my crafting stuff away and clear out her room because her room is also our storage/craft/baby room. It is now nearly empty except for a chair and the stuff behind her crib. Ella, Mia, and I walked down to the consignment store and found a toddler bed rail (yay). Then Alison helped me take a load to the Salvation Army and put some stuff back in storage.

Mia chose new sheets for her new bed. Her choices were Elmo, Princess, Fairies, or Dora. She chose Princess...strange because we have not really introduced her to Disney Princess. A couple weeks ago I got her princess bubbles for her bath, which was a HUGE hit. We came home and Mia helped me wash her new bedding.

Alison watched Mia for a while until Justin got off work. I went on a fabulous tour of a missile silo turned into a home...next post! I didn't get home until 9:45. Justin made a CD of quiet Primary songs to play in her room and I stuck a night night next to her bed. We started our bedtime battle with her already super tired. I personally put her back in bed 63 times, Justin about 10. I set up a camp chair just outside her door, when her shadow would get close to the door I'd jump up and either carry her back to bed or make her walk back. I'd cover her, kiss her, then walk back out. No mincing of words just silent action. Around 11:10 she finally stuck her binky in her mouth and fell asleep. Phew. I was so grateful! Less than a 100 times putting her back in bed. She woke up around 3 am but stayed in bed crying a little then went back to sleep. This morning when Justin's alarm went off he looked in the direction of the bathroom and noticed two bright eyes surveying us! She quickly ran into our room once her presence was noted. She was a living icicle, some snuggles resolved that issue. She got a night-night treat for staying in bed this morning.

I have a feeling tonight will be worse because we will put her to bed at a normal time. I hope it is not worse! Keep us in your prayers.

Comments

Success! Good luck tonight!!!
You can do it...you can do it!!!!
Johnson Family said…
Hang in there! You can do it and it will be so nice for you guys once you've made it!!
Taylor's said…
Oh man - I can't help - I feel awful.

My Dad taught Malisia how to sleep in a "big girl" bed - he just called it her special bed and somehow that did the trick.

Seriously, I wish I was there to help.

The pictures came today - I am stoked!
Natalie Sue said…
Oh, I am SO sorry. This is so rough. I know exactly how you feel cause Jayden was a terrible sleeper when I was 9 months pregnant. He'd stay up till midnight, scream for hours and wake up early. It was awful! I feel for ya. When my babe was 6 weeks old, I couldn't handle it anymore. I read the book, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." It said that the longer they stay up, the more their body produces a chemical to keep them awake. It says to put them to bed earlier and earlier, until it works. SO. I put Jayden to bed at 7:00. And I left him for the WHOLE night. He cried for an hour, then went to sleep. He woke up multiple times in the night, and we just ignored him. Left him shut in his room. (My cousin did the same thing and locked her little girl's door because she was about 3 yrs old, and bungee corded it to the bathroom door so that she couldn't get out.) Anyway, after a few nights of this, he realized things had changed. He had no more control, and he slept. He's still sleeping great. I was amazed that it worked cause we had such an awful time with it. I've also had friends who have done this and given their babies a little bit of "sleepy time" herbal tea before bed. My dr also recommends melatonin for older toddlers. Not sure how old they have to be, so I would check on that. Anyway, I'm SO sorry! I know how hard it is, even though yours sounds harder! GOOD LUCK!

Popular Posts