Some Firsts





We had a family activity involving Phillip's first bath on Monday. He actually cried!! Guess he is a comforts man...no complaints when he is comfy otherwise watch out. Mia helped wash his hair while Justin manned the camera(s). The bath wore the poor baby out...I don't think he really woke up until Tuesday morning! Mia was not impressed when Phillip pooped on the towel, of course he pooped after being cleaned and dried.

Mia is loving her new status as big sister. She gathered all her Mimi's together and snuggled Phillip in his chair with them. Justin captured the moment since I was napping at the time. His boss provided a gift for both Amelia and Phillip yesterday. Amelia got another dolly, this one with a paci, diapers, bottle, and teddy. She immediately started to breast feed the new dolly, burp it, and put a new diaper on. I about died laughing! She is so observant. The other morning she wanted to drink some milk from Mommy's boobie. I was frantically trying to come up with a good excuse. I told her my milk was not chocolate milk...that did the trick.

Our first Dr appt was yesterday. Phillip now weighs 8lbs 5 oz and grew an inch (or can now stretch an inch). He has excellent reflexes and pleased the Dr with his strength and alertness. His umbilical cord stump and circumcision ring fell off about the same time Tuesday morning. He has a pretty cute belly button now. After our appointment we attempted out first Walmart trip. Justin definitely went with me. It worked out fine with Justin there to corral Amelia. I was exhausted afterwards!

I sent Justin back to work on Tuesday. Once I rediscovered the magical properties of heat and ice my recovery sped up phenomenally. I am so excited to be back on my feet and able to get up and down all by myself. We had an awesome day at home. Having two kids is enjoyable at this point in time.

Comments

Just don't over do it!! Sleep and drink, sleep and drink!

Popular Posts