Chimney Rock, 4th Edition





We need to find a new place to show off when people come to visit us! Chimney Rock is close, church related, and mostly quick. Saturday everyone enjoyed a slow-paced morning. Kate is a couple months younger than Amelia. Amelia was so excited to have her "Kate friend" here from You-tah. Kate talks with a delightful lisp. She kept losing her way to "downstairs." Every so often she'd quip, "'scuse me, where is downstairs?" Malisia enjoyed using water colors most of the weekend. For breakfast I made yummy egg muffins, half plain with cheese and half with veggies. Amelia rode with the Taylor family, Justin drove our car, Phillip slept, and I crocheted two hats. It was heaven! Justin and I enjoyed talking on the drive over about finances and such. Hopefully soon we will invest in an electric wheat grinder. I am also planning a large vegetable garden this summer. I want to try seeds again; so far my seed starts have always died before they are even an inch tall.

The girls enjoyed playing at the Chimney Rock museum. It was a cold, blustery day, just the sort of day Christopher Robin endured. Phillip was so cute sporting a little mow hawk. We were so close to Scottsbluff that we had an early dinner at Wonderful House. I am not a fan of Chinese food, maybe the real Chinese food would taste better. Wonderful House actually has a delicious walnut shrimp dish that I can tolerate. We made a quick Walmart stop for drumsticks (for an actual drum), dinner ingredients, fabric, and er, ummmm, another camera. Yep, I just bought my 5th camera in 5 years. Last year Amelia dropped my little canon point and shoot from the top of the slide at the park. She snuck it out of my pocket. The poor little camera never did have clear pictures after that. The dust was imbedded on the sensor for over a year. My new trusty sidekick is a Canon Powershot Elph SD960 IS. It is compact and packed with options. Maybe too many options...mostly I just want a quick alternative for pictures and video.

Jeff set up RockBand for the adults to play once we arrived back home. Justin manned the mic, Catherine the drums, Jeff and I the guitars. I was so bad that my score didn't register. LOL. Catherine and I whipped up a bubble skirt for Kate in between reps.

Comments

Taylor's said…
that trip so fun even with the wind - and the kids were so dang cute in the truck . . . believe or not it was heaven . . . we also were able to talk.

I can't wait for the rest of the weekend to be posted.
Another trip to Chimney Rock? :) Wonderful House too? SO JEALOUS, I LOVE that place! New camera, fun for you! RockBand...do you have it now? :) PAR-TAY!!

Popular Posts