12 April 2010

Missile Silo with the Lances


We had a wonderful and relaxing visit with my Mom, Jeremy, and Jared. They arrived around 5:30 last Monday evening after a long day of driving. Amelia was soooooo excited that she was parked by the front window practically all day. The weather was awesome with temps hovering around 80 degrees. We all had short sleeves on and spent the day outside. Justin suggested we smoke more pork chops for dinner so I manned the task and made three different dry rubs (BBQ, Mesquite, and Curry) to try out. Mmmm, mmmm good! Amelia recruited Jeremy and Jared into several tea parties, games of kick ball, and bubbles. They were very accommodating. She is totally loving her Punkles.

Tuesday was a cold, snowy day so we hunkered down for a day inside. Mom sewed Amelia's Aurora dress while I cut out her Ariel dress and two skirts. The boys played with the kiddos while we sewed away. Wednesday morning we had lunch at Cabela's with Justin then headed out to Kimball to tour the Missile Silo/home. Brother and Sister Zwonitzer gave us a spectacular tour of their home. It is HUGE! Mom especially loved the garden greenhouse in the missile blast bay. The boys loved the escape hatch where tourists can sign their names. Amelia was afraid of getting down for the first hour. She finally relented once Sister Z gave her some chocolates. I feel an even greater need to get our affairs in order after visiting the Zwonitzer's home.

Thursday all the Lances were sick, sick, sick with a stomach flu and sinus infection. We tried to stay out of the basement while the boys slept most of the day. I taught my piano students Tuesday and Thursday like usual. The Elder's came over for dinner. Mom was so awesome to make dinner even though she felt poorly.

Late Friday afternoon Jeremy, Jared, and I had a super fun photo session. Those boys are very funny. We stopped at a site a friend showed me. After a couple minutes of taking pictures the owner happened to stop by. He was on us like a bulldog after fresh meat. He thought we were vandalizing his property. After profuse apologies and explanation he calmed down enough to realize I am a professional photographer. I have his name and number for next time! Nothing like getting a stomach ulcer after being scared down like that. The boys pretty much let me do whatever. I enjoyed playing with my settings to create some fun silhouettes.

*Phillip learned how to clap all by himself this week
*Amelia got "all dolled up" when we went out on Wednesday (her words)
*Amelia is constantly keeping us entertained with her phrasing and mimicking.
*She loves to play the digital piano. It gets about two hours of usage per day!
*Mom fed Phillip some table food blended in the blender. He was grunting with satisfaction.
*This afternoon Phillip said "Dad-da-da-da" as I laid him down for a nap!!! Way to go little guy!!

0 Stupendous Remarks: