Holy Hail


LOL, I felt like swearing after this storm ripped through the area. We were sitting down just finishing our spaghetti and talking about going to the park. Mother Nature unleashed a gnarley storm instead. All of the sudden we heard a malestrom of noise as HUGE stones of ice rained down. Some of the stones were larger than an inch, most were about the size of a nickel. Some of our window screens were torn open because of the hail. Within a matter of minutes shreds of flowers, leaves, grass, and trees were flying all over the place. Our gutters filled with about 2 feet of water and soon spread across the street. Amelia aptly asked me if there was ice water outside! Ice? Yes! Water? Yes! My poor little garden was torn to shreds. I found radishes ripped out and lying a couple feet away. This morning I noticed a hole deeper than my index finger from one ambitious hail stone. Only ten minutes later and the sun was shining, the wind relaxed, and a huge rainbow spangled the sky. I feel for the farmers! I heard many reports of people (like Alison and Maleia) who were outside when the storm came and have welts where the stones hit.

Phillip is teething again, so is not my happy boy. He learned how to say "all done" and what it means on Sunday. As I nursed him last night he finished, sat up with a flourish, and exhauntly yelled, "Ahhhh Dun!" Then went on to the next exciting adventure. Monday night I watched him learn how to move forwards using his fingertips, toes, and the inch worm move. His motivation was a pile of chips on the floor 5 feet away. He is much happier on the floor now that he can move a little.

Justin and I now have new cutting edge phones. Verizon gave us a rockin' deal to upgrade our phones soon after Alltel was phased out. I chose the Palm Pixie Pro and Justin has the Driod. Mine came with a fun green case! Holy smokes, it is complicated! I spent all morning trying to get my contacts moved over to Google so my phone could sync some contacts. My new ringer is "yo ho, a pirate's life for me" Amelia's new favorite song. I actually wanted Jay-z, Hard Knock Life, but will keep the Pirate one for a while. LOL. Wish me luck! I may accidently call you or want to call and can't.

Comments

Yah...that was horrible!!!!! I may "steal" a picture from your post, I didn't have my camera that night. *gasp*

Good luck with new planting. Somehow all of our stuff survived!
oh no your poor little garden! how sad. I hope you can save some of it! Or get a new one going :)
Christy said…
Holy Smokes! That's crazy! Your poor garden. I'm so sorry. At least you weren't outside!

Popular Posts