Keepin' Cool

 



Friday it was really humid and hot, the breeze was strangely absent, creating a stifling condition. Amelia invited Lily and Grace over for a play date. I invited over Rose, the mom, for adult-level conversation, no whining allowed. The girls played with rice, the kitchen stuff, and princess dress-up. Rose is a funny lady. She served a mission in England. Her husband lives and works in Oregon until he finds a job here in Sidney. Rose and the girls are staying with her husband's parents, who also recently moved here. What a situation! Rose is a trooper.

My good friend Deb threw a water party for her daughter's unbirthday. The cool water felt amazing! Phillip cried most of the time not sure if he wanted to swim. The twins splashed in the water for a good hour before even attempting to escape. They are quite talented at amusing each other. Amelia had a saggy swim suit that made me smile every time she ran by. The big kids let the little ones try the slip and slide, even throw a couple water balloons. I played with my camera's drive settings and talked with the ladies. Escaping from the house is awesome!

During naps I made a fruit salad Debbie Lance style. I crave my Mom's summer fruit salad. She makes it the way the Italian's do, just cut up fruit, fresh lemon juice, and some sugar. Talk about refreshing. I crave my Mom's because then I don't have to cut up the fruit. We spent the evening at Old McDani's Farm (Dani Titus) to ride horses and eat Greg's Italian meal. More of that in the next post....

Comments

Popular Posts