Halloween Carnival and Trunk or Treat



Did you catch the "myrtle the fyrtle turtle" face on Amelia in the collage above? Crack me up!





I am still tired after yesterday! Phew-ey! I was able to photograph the cutest little newborn girl yesterday morning. She only weighed 5 pounds something. She let me play with her for two whole hours! I think she slept over half that time no problem. I am itching to show you the photos from that shoot. Right after the shoot the kids and I went over to the church to help decorate for our Primary activity. We planned to have each auxiliary man a booth/activity (fishing, apple bobbing, face painting, marshmallow guns, balloon animals, cake walk, a hay ride and racing cars). Becky (the president) showed up super early Saturday morning and had most of it set up by herself. The little stinker! With a couple extra hands we had the place decorated by 4 pm. It was pretty cool!

Once the kids arrived we were all busy keeping the activities under control and the kids amused. I took a moment to go on a hayride with the kids. Phillip found a blue ring pop, which he now wants to substitute for his normal binky. Amelia and Ella were cracking me up with their silly antics. Justin was busy manning the marshmallow gun activity. After the kids went through each activity several times we set out chili, hot dogs, and chips for dinner. Then the adults ran outside to get their trunks decorated or opened for the trunk or treat. I don't like Halloween much. Dressing up the kids is fun but me? the house? Nah! I guess we are sorta boring. I did wear my pumpkin earrings. LOL. By the time we cleaned up it was nearly 8 and time for bed. Justin manned the mondo-sized vacuum during the clean up. He said he'd vacuum our house if we had a vacuum like that...I may need to invest in one of those babies. Amelia has no idea that she missed trick or treating today. Yesterday was our Halloween, perfect for our little ones.

Now we are in the throes of practicing for the Primary Program. It was chaos, less than last week but still chaos. Our program is on the 14th of November. Next week we can practice in the chapel for the duration of classes, which will help lessen the confusion. Phillip was so tired he actually fell asleep in my arms during the practice. He looks so innocent when asleep. Watch out for that curious, determined look. I love how he says, "MOM, mamama!" I called him a stinker yesterday after the sugar and water incident. He proceeded to call himself a stinker, quite clearly. Here comes the mimicking stage. Hooray!

Comments

It was a great night! I felt a little out of the loop clear out in the parking lot with the race cars, but the kids had so much fun! You guys did a great job of planning it and we're SO glad the trunk-or-treat happened afterall!
Unknown said…
Great activity! I was shocked that you guys went all out with the decorations. Soooo much fun! Thank you!
That looked like one heck of a party! Everything looked wonderful as always. Wish I could have dropped in for an hour or two!

Popular Posts