The Cavalry Arrived


 
 





Mom, Jeremy, and Jared arrived yesterday evening. Phew! I felt like the cavalry got here just in the nick of time. Moments before they arrived chaos reigned in the kitchen as we tried to get dinner ready. Suicide Hour has a fitting ring to dinner preparation hour. The day felt long as we waited for them to get here...even longer for them as they drove through Wyoming. I made a Walmart trip, my first in two weeks. Justin helped me make a scrumptious dinner of BBQ chicken cobb salad. Amelia and Phillip immediately gave hugs, knuckles, and loves to our new arrivals. Both kids latched on to a punkle within moments! So cute. We enjoyed the evening catching up and telling stories about the recent goings on.

I spent a very relaxing morning helping get the kids ready for church then three delicious hours alone with Everett. I snagged a nap, cleaned the kitchen, made cookies, and got dinner under way. I listened to the Sunday Afternoon Session of April conference. So many of the talks spoke to me while I relaxed. Amelia really wanted to make a craft with me so we made egg carton goggles with the punkles. Jeremy entertained us with a simulation of Rafiki and Simba from the Lion King. I guess that means Jeremy has a red monkey butt. Justin grilled up some teriyaki ribs and chicken, pineapple, and peppers to go with some rice. We love grilling during this time of year since it keeps the house nice and cool. The mosquitoes and stale air made an after dinner walk quite stuffy. Everett is starting to stay awake for longer than 5 minutes. He was awake for about 40 minutes three times today. His jaundice looks much better so that might be part of the reason. I love how curvy newborns are, the way he arches his back and sticks out his tush. Makes me crazy love that little kid.

Comments

Unknown said…
Everett is so adorable! Glad your family made it safe. Fun, fun!
Taylor's said…
YAY for a relaxing Sunday!
jeremy has a red monkey butt! LOL!!!!
Those two recipes sound delish! Glad you're having a wonderful time with your family!
so happy your family is here! Thanks for letting me come over tonight and hang out with you for a bit and snuggle that little monkey!! I like the evening visits without all the kids! :) YEAH for family!
phew you've been busy, momma! You are as I suspected, super mom. I loove the infant shots of Everett. So adorable!

Popular Posts