The Waterpark


 



Saturday I had an itching to DO something outside of Sidney, actually the desire was building in me all week. Tuesday we had tentative plans to take Ella and Drew with us to the Sterling Pool but I chickened out. Amelia has talked about the waterpark pool all week. Justin finally decided not to be a bah humbug and make the trip with us. He is still not feeling top of the morning so just wanted to stay home and veg. I am sooooo glad we went! Justin got the morning to relax and we all had fun in the afternoon. I gave Phillip a buzz cut right before we left. He looks so handsome. We drove to Sterling and had some lunch at Sonic. Justin says the Sonic Chicago Hot Dog is amazing! I slurped up my cherry limeade in record time. We got to the pool shortly after it opened only to realize that Amelia left her swimsuit at home. She wanted her swimsuit, towel, and glasses in her princess backpack but forgot to put it in the car. I forgot to check. We made a quick dash to Walmart for a new cheap suit. My choices were between bikinis and licensed swimsuits. Amelia is thrilled with her new Rapunzel suit, me not so much.

The kids had a blast running from pool to pool. Phillip kept us both busy keeping his head above water. He has a nasty huge spider bite on his back. I noticed he is very allergic to mosquito bites. Today his leg is 25% thicker than the other due to a bite on his calf. Poor kid. Everett just basked in the warm air catching some shade. Towards the end of our pool play Amelia found a water-logged ladybug. It was on its last leg, thus docile. She carried the bug everywhere for a few hours. It traveled home in our van safely tucked in her water cup holder. The bug even had dinner with us at Wonderful House. Amelia said the ladybug loved the flowered decoration on the tables. I think the poor bug expired after so much loving on my piano Saturday night. The clouds were amazingly tall by the time we left the pool. The cloud pictured above was a good mile or more tall! It brought some severe weather to our part of the state again.

Justin patiently sat with the kids in the van while I did a little clothes shopping by myself at Maurice's and JC Penney. I have a couple cute shirts now! We ended the evening with some fireworks and sparklers.


Comments

Such fun adventures your family has! I'm glad Justin was feeling well enough to participate in the "festivities".
Christy said…
That cloud pictures is AMAZING!
love that little waterpark!!! My first thought when I saw the picture of Mia in her tangled suit..."Jenni bought a character suit?" ha ha, now I know it was your only choice!! :) Ella would have been in heaven too!

Popular Posts