Jumping in the Leaves

 
 
 
 
 
We jump started the weekend with a pile of leaves, the slide, and two excited kids. So cute and fun...and cheap! I pulled out my mini-apollo light box for my flash to practice with. It was nearly dark so the effects were not normal and sort of fun. Justin spent the evening getting his hunting gear all ready for deer hunting. He left around 4 am and arrived home at 6 pm. He was tired after a day of sitting in the brush watching for deer. The day was warm and windy, which did not bide well for drawing deer out into the open. No one in his party got a deer. The kids and I finished up 8 loads of laundry all folded and put away. Christine Landers kindly watched Amelia and Phillip for 6 hours so I could attend Nicole's bridal shower in Oshkosh. I figured the kids would have more fun with Zane and Morgan than sitting in a car for hours. I caught a ride with Betsy Durfee. We followed her google map directions and ended up on Ogallala, 50 miles away from where the shower was. Stupid directions! Betsy got us there in time to enjoy most of the shower. We got back home around 6 pm. I had 4 hats to crochet over the weekend. The drive time was a blessing! Phillip fell asleep within two minutes of getting in his car seat. He was super, duper cranky the rest of the evening.

Sunday was a bit taxing on Justin and I. Phillip gets violent when he is tired. He was so hyper during Sacrament Meeting. Justin reported that the nerd-o almost pulled the fire alarm. I could hear Phillip from mid-chapel over the microphone piped into the Mother's Lounge. Nursery was no better. He pushed, bashed, head cracked, and stepped over all the other kids. I was worn out after wrangling him and trying to keep peace in the nursery. It is hard to be a nursery worker with your own kiddos. We all took a long nap after church.

A nasty flu is going around Sidney of late. Thankfully, none of us have contracted it yet. Alison cancelled preschool at her home on Monday. Amelia was moping around so I held a special school session for Amelia and Phillip. We talked about art, the function, purpose, and love of art. The kids painted two beautiful murals with finger paints. They did a really great job following instructions and cleaning up.

Two funny things involving Phillip this weekend:
1. caught him in the bathroom with his nether regions bared, peeing all over the outside of the toilet. He was squealing with glee over the discovery that his pee can move where he moves. The little stinker was dancing his pee all over the white throne. I about swallowed my tongue trying not to laugh, making him clean up his mess.
2. yesterday morning I went upstairs to get Everett and Phillip some clothes. When I came back down, Phillip had stripped off Everett's clothing and diaper. He wiped off Everett's bum and was trying to put on a new diaper. The diaper was backwards thus caused him some frustration. Then he nursed his monkey and wiped it's bum too for good measure. Last week Phillip and I played house. I showed him how to change a doll's clothes and diaper. He was a very attentive student!

Comments

Popular Posts