Oldest Friend from Birth

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I really wanted to take my kids to the zoo before we left Utah. Saturday was chosen as the perfect zoo day, so did half the population of SLC. It was crazy busy. One of the elephants celebrated a birthday so cake, crafts, and shows ran all day. We met Catherine, Jeff, Malisia, and Kate at the zoo. Catherine got three of us in for FREE. Schweet! Amelia was so excited to spend the day with her oldest friend from birth. (me cracking up). We got to see the new polar bear, seal, and otter homes. The polar bear tried to kiss Reagan through the glass while he was swimming under water. Phillip was entranced with the otter tank. He could see the otter under the water...and above the water. He bobbed his head up and under the water line for several minutes watching the otters. We caught a nice break in the giraffe house where it was cool. Jeff took the hot route back to his car to retrieve lunch for us all. Jeff found a perfect picnic spot near the elephant enclosure. I lost Phillip when we migrated over to the carousel. I found him near the picnic spot sitting in the lap of a bronze ape. How fitting. We were super hot by the time we left. Amelia stayed to play with Kate at the zoo and later at her home. 

Aunt Melissa called asking if we could come get her kiddos while en route for Charity's. It was not a good moment so I declined. Turns out Grant was up at Primary's with a nasty case of encellitis (sp?) from a bug bite. He spent the night there. The rest of us visited with Raquel, Emma, and Elijah who drove down from Logan for the day. The boys and I drove to West Valley to pick up Amelia. We stayed for a BBQ dinner with Catherine and Jeff. Thanks for the spur of the moment invite! I wish there was more time to just visit with no kids sometimes! Jeff grilled up a fantastic teriyaki burger. 

Comments

Taylor's said…
Not going to lie . . .IT WAS SO FUN to be at the zoo with you guys and to have sweet Amelia for the day! I wish you guys still lived 2 streets over!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for joining us for dinner! Your children are so dang cute; I could just steal them!

I am missing you already! Sweet Bug said "Mom, Amelia forgot her sunglasses!" I said, "I know hunny, we can mail them back to her." Bug replied quickly, "No, let's take a road trip to drive them back and see her!" I must admit - I agree - road trip possibly in the near future!

Popular Posts