Handsome Bathing Boy

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've wanted to stage this photo shoot for about two years now. My amazing and much missed friend, Natalie, gave me this tub when they moved away several years ago. I finally found an excuse to use it. Little Everett LOVES baths. He LOVES swimming. I took the kids out Monday night to try the idea out in the evening. That was a big mistake. Disaster. The water was too hot and Everett was cranky. We tried again on Wednesday before going to the swimming pool. Loved it! The light was magical. Kelly let me borrow her 85mm lens since my 55mm is getting some much needed attention at the Canon shop in California. He was so funny! I think he loved the attention and to bathe all by himself. Phillip tends to be a bathtub hog.

We enjoyed a fun afternoon of swimming! Wednesday evening I had an amazing photoshoot 12 miles NE of Dalton...in the middle of nowhere. First I took family photos. The light was very strong and the shady areas freckled with light. Made for a challenge! I finished up the session focusing on Morgan who is a 2013 graduating senior. The best part was using my new portable battery for my studio lights....outside! Justin enjoyed a "fun" evening home with the kiddos.

Thursday was a busy day for us. Phillip and Everett stayed home with Neleigh while Amelia and I went to Cheyenne with Kelly and her girls. We went to Target for school supplies. We relaxed for lunch at Olive Garden. Kelly left her credit card at the restaurant. The managers did not find it until much later, it was in the billing wallet. I got Phillip and Mia set up with winter clothes for the next year. Hoping Everett will fit into Phillip's 2t clothes! He is one long dude. Lastly, we made a short stop at Hobby Lobby for thread. The boys did really well with Neleigh.

Friday Amelia asked me when I am going to stop calling her cute...she is gorgeous. Duh?! My garden is pumping out chard, green beans, and cucumbers. My tomatoes are still stagnant, only producing a couple tomatoes every couple of WEEKS. Makes me upset. Justin and Phillip went to the Fathers and sons campout Friday evening. Justin reported that Phillip really enjoyed hopping around in the tent, throwing rocks and sticks, and playing with the bigger boys. Justin slept with ants and a wiggly toddler. Amelia, Everett and I had a night out on the town. We dined at Sam and Louie's pizza joint, went bowling for the first time, and rented a movie. Amelia gave me a pedicure and vice versa while we watched Smurfs. Amelia slept with me! Our time was pretty relaxing! By the time the boys got home I had the kitchen clean and most of the laundry finished. Justin and I went on a date to see Bourse Legacy. I was disappointed it had nothing to do with Jason Bourne. I just finished reading the 9th book!

Today I worked on preserving part of the two bushels of peaches Justin brought home from work. I am dehydrating about 20 peaches and made creamy peach roll ups (peach puree with yogurt). It smells lovely. I made peach/mango salsa over chicken breasts for dinner last night. The salsa was a bit different but I really liked it. I added black beans for some protein to the salsa. This week I ordered 20 pounds of tomatoes to can salsa and spaghetti sauce. Can't wait for my Bountiful Basket to come!

The best news is that John and Courtenay welcomed little Emmeline Grace on Thursday. She weighed in at 9 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long. Looks like she is a cutie pie with tons of black hair. Grandpa Lane was around to welcome this grandchild (out of 7) for the first time. That was neat. Emmeline was born on Great Grandma Crook's birthday. I remember feeling a connection with her because our birthdays were so close together.

Comments

cute! Can't believe he is so big, everyone just needs to stop growing!

I enjoyed canning twice this past week and hopefully more on Monday! Can't wait for my tomatoes.

Popular Posts