Happy St Patrick's Day

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What a busy, busy week! I started off the week with a mentoring session. I helped Candice with a newborn session. She is just starting out the photography business and wanted a bit of help with studio lighting. We ended the day with a fun FHE on Monday doing a treasure hunt. Our theme was searching for the good in life. I am a true believer that if we look treasure will find us in each and every day. The kids enjoyed searching for treasure using silly hints hidden around the house. The treasure was hidden in the oven! The treasure bag had rainbow candy, chocolate, and shamrock necklaces. Amelia made a baggie of treats to stuff in her leprechaun trap! She told me that leprechauns eat rainbows.

Tuesday we purchased a blendtec on Amazon. I finally decided between a juicer and a blender. It came down to Amelia needing more fiber. Plus I like the taste of blended drinks over juiced produce. We've enjoyed a couple fun smoothies once the blender arrived.
 
Deb texted me at 6:30 am needing someone to watch her twins. The boys were thrilled to have new playmates for the day. I did not realize that Cydahlee did not come with shoes. I spent half the day searching for non-existent shoes. She ended up wearing a pair of Phillip's. We spent a fun hour at the park enjoying spring like temperatures. Amelia went to Katelynn's home for a playdate after school. It helped not having to worry about entertain her as well. For Webelos the boys worked on their secret codes for the communicator badge. I was impressed with the codes the boys created!
 
Tabitha came over around 10 for a photoshoot with her twins on Thursday. She came and visited with us for two hours. I was impressed with their list of hospital stays and health scares. Ellyeaunnah had a seizure the end of February on top of GURD and food allergies. Poor kid. The twins are cuter than ever. Emmersynne had the most gorgeous eyelashes on a baby girl. I enjoyed some mommy time with Tabitha. The boys and I went to the park after lunch for some outside time. Then Amelia, Phillip, and I went to the school park down the street after school for more playground time. Amelia finished up her leprechaun trap after gluing on painted macaroni shells.
 
Friday the weather was even more amazing. Short sleeves if you can believe it! Oh my goodness I forget how difficult the winter can be. We are living and breathing the fresh spring air. We went to the park again before lunch. Everett loves the huge twisty slide. Phillip can slide down the fireman pole all by himself. I tutored Stacy from our ward in Statistics during naptime. I forgot how much I love statistics. Amazing what one can recall 10 years after the fact. Amelia wanted some park time too, we went after Everett's nap as well. The park was full of families enjoying the temperatures. Justin joined us after work! We played hard until the kids were hangry (hungry/angry). Our dinner choice was pancakes or dinner out. That choice was easy! Justin treated us to a dinner at Mi Ranchito. Yum. Justin and I went on a date to see Warm Bodies with Matt and Maren. It was really funny for a Zombie flick.
 
My shoe collection dwindled miserably over the years. I desperately needed a pair of running shoes so we went to Cabela's and raided their shoe department. More precisely I raided the shoe department. Some desperate need for cuteness raised it's ugly head and "made me" buy 5 pairs of shoes. He he. I really feel like a new woman. Instead of mocking my pile of shoes Justin was happy! Yep! Happy. Me too. I am so in love with my new pair of patchwork Keen's that I almost flipped my head off. Ca-ute. In fact I bought another two pairs of Keens through 3point5 for 60% less than store prices. That brings my new shoe total to 7 pairs. Amelia was right beside me trying on a pair of Hello Kitty Crocs. She preened in front of the short floor mirrors for 20 minutes ohhing and ahhing over the shoes. She scored a new pair too. Amelia and Phillip went with me to Dalton to pick up our Bountiful Basket. I ordered the regular basket, a juicing pack, and Thai pack. Such lovely fruits and veggies! The kids went with me to Walmart after.
 
Amelia was very excited to set up her leprechaun trap before church. She was up and dressed before we even thought about getting ready. I made green blueberry muffins and green eggs for breakfast. Everyone had on at least a little green. I know we are not Scottish but Welsh and English descent are on the same island! Our leprechaun paid us a visit during Sunday School (blush). He sprung the trap, ate the candy, and put the friend Amelia made into the box and taped it shut. He also:
made a line out of animals, made Amelia's bed upside down, turned her lamp upside down, put her pillow on top of her bed, messed up her pictures and name letters, peed in the potty, left foot prints, turned the coffee table over, stuffed pillows under the cushions, and made a silly sculpture. He was a mischievous little devil. Amelia cracked us up as she ran all over the house discovering his silly pranks. I made a yummy corned beef, carrot, and cabbage feast. I roasted the potatoes in the oven this time. Another trick I learned is not to put the cabbage in the crock pot until the last hour, makes for perfectly cooked cabbage. We invited over the Wood and Carlisle families for our green feast. Maren brought over green rolls and Sarah brought green soda. Our evening was totally wonderful with our new friends.
 
This morning I got to spend an hour with Nora's newborn granddaughter. Meagan and I planned a VT trip to Peetz last week. We visited with Janet Dutton first. I had both boys in the van ready to roll when Nora knocked on my door. She wanted to bring her granddaughter by for photos. Since we were ready to drive to Peetz I told her we would take photos at her home. I quickly grabbed some supplies and made it to Janet's for our appointment. We visited Nora after that. Her granddaughter is 5.5 weeks old now. She has a full head of black hair, creamy brown skin, and chubbies all over the place. What a fun beauty. Little Catalina slept like a champ. The boys climbed all over Brother Betony. He is a kid magnet!

Comments

I want some new shoes! The canvas/boat shoes are adorable!

Popular Posts