Utah Part One

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Everett happily woke most of us up at 7 am with a shriek that made me leap out of bed. Phillip, of course, slept like the dead. I managed to get the van repacked, the carseat reassembled and on our way by 9 am. The weather was glorious! By noon we arrived at Park City. I stopped at Motherhood to refresh my supply of summer shirts. Then we had lunch at the new Del Taco, the store was really new because our small order took 50 minutes to fill. Thankfully, the play area kept the kiddos busy and content. I left Everett's shoes on accident trying to get everyone to the van. Mason and Reagan were waiting outside for us when we pulled up to their home. Phillip was yelling: "Mason! I big boy Phillip!" over and over and over. Amelia disappeared with Reagan for the remainder of our stay. All the kids enjoyed the amazing trampoline. Mason played with the boys when we visited several parks over the next day and a half. I made a midnight run to Walmart after the kids went to sleep. Phillip loves his McQueen shoes so much he will not consider a new pair. I found the same style of shoes in a size larger! Sneaky! He did not even notice the change. Charity enjoyed watching Phillip and Everett's antics. They are funny, cute, amazing little boys. Reagan and Amelia organized several cute little plays including a rerun flower puppet show (from last year) and a new unicorn Pegasus show. Reagan taped paper wings to her shirt and Amelia made a crown with three triangles on top, two for ears and one for the horn). Crack me up.
 
Saturday Charity suggested a visit to Wheeler Farm. We forgot to consider it was Easter weekend, so the area was closed off for egg hunts. The kids enjoyed playing at a little play area built to look like a huge tree. During naps I slipped away to exchange a maternity skirt I got the day before. Dang, the mall was crowded and not enjoyable at all. I underestimated the time it would take to exchange the skirt by 40 minutes because of the traffic and mall crowds. The kids and I met Punkle Joe at Cafe Rio for dinner. I do not know who let their kids throw rice and spill lemonade all over the table. Shame on her. Messy kids. Joe told me all about his new water oven adventure into cooking. I see immersion circulators on Iron Chef all the time. He promised to cook a meal for us the next week. Charity and gang left during the night for a well-deserved vacation to Arizona. We are SOOO glad we could visit with Charity and Kenny.

Comments

Popular Posts