Cabela's Shareholder's Meeting

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had a pretty typical summer week! Monday Stella came over to play. She was not keen on playing in the sprinkler or having Phillip interrupt their playtime. She said Phillip makes playdates just horrible. LOL. He is pretty intent on getting in the way. I made some chalk paint with corn starch, water, and food coloring. It paints on watery but once it dries the colors pop. The kids seemed to enjoy the paint quite a bit. We went an saw Epic for FHE. Amelia LOVED it! She can't wait to watch it again. Everett liked the movie until his popcorn and sucker lasted (about 20 minutes). Luckily, the theater was mostly empty so he walked the aisle enjoying an unfettered view. My gorgeous poppies popped open this week. I did not know that I planted pink ones! Surprise!

Tuesday we went to the park for a little while. Seems like it was quite windy that day. Wednesday was the highlight of our week. Cabela's spent 10 days setting up for their annual Shareholders meeting at the high school. Set up was pretty intense! Some workers even built a rock, mulch, taxidermy water fountain in the parking lot. Tuesday the entire front of the building was blocked off to traffic. Wednesday morning Amelia ran outside and immediately tore back inside yelling about a large fish outside the high school. Indeed! A colossal blow up trout was staked to the ground  towering above the high school. I am still laughing! We got dressed and walked over to check out the party. The fountain looked amazing, tents and camping gears scattered the lawn, and a dozen food tents lined the driveway. Across the way a large covered eating area covered the street. Crazy. I heard over $1 mil went into funding this extravagant one-day party. We met Justin outside for lunch. Each booth offered different types of outdoor cooking. The most popular by far was the booth offering crayfish and jambalaya. The kids scored Pizza Hut, homemade root beer, and ice cream. There were so many different types of smoked meats, dutch oven meals, and desserts it was almost overwhelming. Home Free Vocal Band, an a cappella group entertained us for an hour. We headed inside the high school where the gym was transferred into a small looking Cabela's store featuring some of the top vendors at the store. Phillip product tested a large tent, duck blind, and some duck hiding camo things. The news reported that the company is doing very well. Hooray for job security. I photographed a family whose oldest dog is dying of cancer. The dogs acted like 3-4 year olds (Phillip)! It was a fun challenge. I feel bad that my friends are losing such a loyal friend, they were unable to have kids for quite a long time. Their two dogs were their babies bringing days of comfort during a hard time.

The next day most of the party was torn down, the fountain is coming down a bit at a time. Folks are calling the extravagant decoration: The Fountain for a Day. We spent a good three hours at the park riding bikes, having a picnic, and playing! I photographed a family of 7 kids from our ward. Their oldest son just returned from a mission and their next son is leaving next month to Brazil. Amelia is almost ready to learn how to ride her bike with no training wheels. Friday was National Doughnut Day, I enjoyed having a reason to get a doughnut.

Saturday we packed the kids into the truck for a trip to Home Depot. Justin will install a door under the basement stairs to give us a little more storage room while the kids and I are in Utah. I plan on putting my studio props and supplies, some larger toys, and more food storage into the new closet. Justin got a new saw, drill, and other manly gadgets plus a framed/hung door. We tried out a new park near Home Depot in Sterling. It was a fun little park. Amelia pretended to have a horse named Serafina. Since the carseats were out of the van I cleaned the van seats, vacuumed, and spiffed up the back area. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the kids trash the van. Justin washed the van and the inside carpets at the carwash. I washed and sun-bleached all the newborn and 0-3 month baby clothes. We are getting excited to welcome our newest daughter.

**I was feeling down this week. Sometimes being a stay-at-home Mom is a lonely, thankless job. I wish there was more time to visit with friends and make new ones. Naptime is very important to me right now so half our day is at home. The rest is spent cleaning, cooking and entertaining kiddos. When I do have "me-time" I am so tired that I fall asleep. LOL.   

Comments

busy week for sure, i totally understand!! Thanks for calling the other day when you were feeling lonely! Nap time does make afternoon outside the house fun difficult. :) Hang in there!!
Unknown said…
You are such a super fun mom! What great adventures you have! You even make a trip to Lowes sound exciting. Your new storage area sounds like a great idea!

(Zane loved his note in the mail. Amelia is such a sweetheart!)

Heather said…
Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

Popular Posts