Busy Week

 
 
 
 
 
 
On top of all the crazy changes with school starting we had a very busy week. I started off the week with another Dr visit. Sister Jones kindly watched the kids so Phillip would not be tempted to sneak a peek at my bum again. I felt the baby move and my weekend labor stopped. Bummer. Dr Shaw set an induction date of August 27th. That will work out fine with everything this week has planned. Amelia enjoyed a dinosaur birthday party with Stella. She even brought home some dino party hats for the boys. Justin gave us all Father's blessings for FHE. I am so glad we can carry the tradition both of our fathers established. Sometimes we are not sure Phillip is paying attention because he wiggles so much. Well, he wiggled but paid attention to the blessings. Friday I was sitting down talking to Miekka when I felt grubby hands in my hair. I turned to find Phillip standing on his stool, his hands in my hair, ready to give me a blessing. He said, "Dear Heavenly Father, bless mommy be a good boy. Quiet in church. Christ, Amen!" He jumped down and kissed my cheek. Crack me up. Justin was thrilled Phillip followed his example.

Tuesday the boys and I went to the park for a picnic and to pass some time. It was HOT so we did not last very long after eating. Instead we went home and filled up the wading pool. The boys turned over the slide then played store. I finished making a set of onesies for Evelyn, showing weeks to one month old, then monthly. I plan on taking her photos on her crib quilt wearing the onesies at her milestone months. I even made an adjustable headband that will fit through a year old. The decorations are iron on. We picked up Amelia early from school for a Dr appointment. Poor kid has a raging bladder infection. We picked up her meds, two new booster seats for Justin's truck, and enjoyed ice cream after Phillip's preschool orientation.

Wednesday morning was pretty strange. Once Amelia and Phillip left for school, Everett and I stared at each other for a while wondering what to do! It was so quiet. I actually got the kitchen cleaned up without other messes popping up. Everett was content to play by himself with stacking cups for 45 minutes. Crazy. I must say, that was nice. Everett and I snuggled on the couch until we picked up Phillip.

The boys and I shopped for Phillip's party supplies. Phillip enjoyed picking out a ninja theme, color, and treat bag stuff. We made ninja swords out of 5 gallon paint sticks, electrical tape, and silver spray paint. I spent a couple days cutting and sewing 8 ninjago masks out of felt. Phillip's favorite undies are his Lego ninjago ones. I made him red and blue ninjago shirts per request. His cousins Seth and Jacob love Lego Ninjago. Phillip is not ready for legos but does love ninjas.

Friday evening we had dinner out in Peetz with the Dutton family, Janet Evanson, McMannis family, and a local family. Our ward has a rotating dinner group, every 3 months we have a new group to rotate. Brother Dutton grilled up burgers for the lot of us. The kids spent most of their time on the swings and trampoline. I found a new vintage chair at the antique shop, the lady gave me 4 hankies to boot. I whipped up 4 new bonnets in no time at all. I sold all the other bonnets posted last week. I am feeling so thrashed lately. Why? Snicker. I can fall asleep in a moments notice if I ever sit down. Thus, I don't sit down very often. My feet feel hot yesterday and today. I am so ready to evict this tenant.

Comments

Popular Posts