Coming Home

 

My eyebrows: those are not freckles...those are bloody pores
 
 

Evelyn's freaky long pinky toe
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Phillip's tail
 
We made it through five days as a family of 6!!! Hooray. Grandma Debbie arrived Friday evening. Evelyn wore the cute crocheted jacket, bonnet, and booties Grandma made for her. Pretty darn cute. Justin is doing an awesome job helping around the house and with the kids. Having grandma here is icing on the cake. She brought some gifts for the kids. Phillip and Everett love the rocket balloon set and ball throwing thingy. Add in squabbles with sharing for a pretty fun time. Phillip dumped 50 sticks of chalk into the wading pool, we discovered that wet chalk is awesome. I drew the kid's names on the sidewalk, one per rectangle. They spent a couple days decorating their area. I think they are currently skating on the chalked up rectangles.

Friday morning I spent a couple hours with Kelly Sudduth Photography getting some newborn photos done. Evelyn is a rockstar! We got some sibling shots, two studio set ups, and 6 outdoor set ups. She slept like a champ once her little tummy was full. I can't wait to share the photos. Actually if you follow the link Kelly posted 3 favorite photos of her on her blog. Saturday Justin worked on the yard mowing and pruning. The kids spent most of the day outside following him around. I love days like that! With Grandma around I took a couple naps and pretty much did nothing. What a strange (nice) feeling. Evelyn has a touch of jaundice. She packed in a few sunbathing sessions.

My brother Jeremy FINALLY got a new mission call to the St Louis, MO mission. He leaves on September 11th! Grandma will have to cut her visit short (boo-hoo). I am excited for Jeremy. He's been on hold for over a year now dealing with medical set backs. I took some photos of Evelyn while the gang was at church. She really is a sleepy baby. We are in love with her little mewling noises and rooting kisses. At day 5 she looks a bit like Amelia did. I am slowly recovering. I won't lie...my body got quite a beating. I am glad she arrived healthy and strong. Now I need to get healthy and strong so I can care for all my little ones. Sitting and standing up are the most painful right now. Pray that my bones will heal before Mom leaves on Wednesday.

**last night Phillip spread his lion blanket out on the floor and laid in the middle. He asked me to make a "ka-ti-to" which means a taquito. He wanted to be a Phillip "ka-ti-to". That kid cracks us up.

The kids favorite game is playing doggy and owner. After dinner I had three kids tied up with scarf leashes walking them around the house. I determined that dog walking is not my thing.  

Comments

Welcome to the craziness that comes with being a family of SIX! Thanks for letting us visit for a bit, Ella and I loved holding little Evelyn. Sorry your mom has to leave early! Ella loved her bracelet and necklace from Mia yesterday! hope you are feeling a little better each new day!

Popular Posts