Christmas Day

 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




























Christmas was epic this year. The kids are a little bit older and caught onto Christmas excitement. The kids are also young enough that they are not getting up in the middle of the night. Amelia woke the kids up at 7:30! I herded the kids into their room and showed them their stockings filled with goodies. They were in the middle of opening some of the wrapped items when Phillip's face suddenly light up. He jumped up and tore off screaming into the living room! My Octopod!! Santa bring my Octopod!! He was lightening fast! Justin and I burst out laughing thinking through Phillip's thought process: "sleepy...open stocking...wait!...there are gifts in my stocking....holy flip Batman, Santa came...must go see!!" Christmas morning was everything we hoped for: Pjs all day, opening gifts, playing with gifts, heaps of boxes, paper, tape stuck to our socks, glitter and balloons strewn from heck to breakfast. Amelia dished out hug after hug as she read the gift labels and found her gifts. Justin made the Call traditional breakfast of sausages and pop tarts with some eggs and chocolate milk added to the mix. The best part was showing the kids the bounce house in the basement. Talk about shock! They were so, so excited. Off and on all day the dull roar of the blower fan rumbled in the house. We enjoyed talking with Elder Lance, the Lance family, the Call family, and others throughout the day. Everett was in seventh heaven sporting his new Red Power Ranger outfit. It came with a little gun. We added a power sword and morpher with lots of character cards. I wish his cuteness could be bottled up! Evelyn showed off her newest trick, which included rolling on her side and playing with her ear/hair using her right hand and sucking on her left fist. So adorbs. My favorite gift Phillip got was a Flipeez hat, he can squeeze a bulb in the hat that flaps the hat ears. Oh my! He loved it! The boys got a microphone for Amelia. She sang Frozen songs around the house with her Elsa and Anna dolls. I made a pork loin with green beans and pretzel rolls for dinner. Simple and easy. Merry Christmas!

Justin was quite forgiving of me this year. I did not get him any gifts. Usually he emails me a list but I did not prompt him this year. I figured we just got clothes in Utah during our visit. I got some new pants and boots. He got new dress shirts and jeans. Done. Well, the stinker got me a cute fleece, water bottle, data tip gloves, and a pan. I felt like a heel! I told him he could go get a new gun. Then he reminded me that last year I got him everything off his wish list. Settled!


Phillip was gifted a cool tool set with a chainsaw from Grandma and Grandpa Call. He really thought he could cut down a tree. Thursday morning he got dressed and raced outside to cut down trees. His facial expressions are hilarious! We took the kids swimming in the afternoon at Sterling pool. Evelyn even got her feet wet. She was excited for all of 3-4 minutes. Phillip developed another ear infection on Saturday. He and I have not slept well in days. The clinic was full on Saturday. I called in and the Dr sent a prescription for him with the understanding that I would bring him in on Monday. Poor kid is a beast when sick. I don't take whining and complaining that well. He is Justin's child when sick. I need to work on my empathy and compassion! 

Comments

Popular Posts