Countdown to Christmas

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It took me the rest of the week to recover from our trip. The laundry alone almost put me under. Add in cleaning the kitchen, the living room, and other normal duties to make for a lot of work. I was really impressed with DoTerra's soft gel capulets of OnGuard oil. I was coming down with a nasty cold and sore throat. I took a caplet Sunday night and again Monday morning. By noon on Monday my symptoms were gone, kaput. I did have a nasty migraine from all the weather changes but avoided a cold. Evelyn started to catch my cold. I put breathe and onguard oils on her every few hours. Her stuffy nose only lasted 2 nights. Impressive!

We now have FOUR missionaries in our area! I signed up to feed the Elders on Thursday. I took the kids with me for a quick trip to Safeway. The car-cart was gone so resorted to a normal cart. The boys were roaming free since Evelyn's car seat took up the cart space. I got a head of garlic. As I did Phillip calmly walked over to the nicely displayed broccoli crowns and took bites out of 8 crowns in a row. In less then 10 seconds. I was mortified! We hustled away from the broccoli before he ate an entire crown. I was torn between pride in my kids who love veggies and mortification that he acts like a cave man. The missionaries scored a meal of homemade spaghetti noddles with lemon-basil sauce, tuscan kale, and hot rosemary bread, cherry-white chocolate shortbread chased the meal. Took me all day to bake. I had the bread kneading in the mixer. I ran downstairs for an ingredient in the storage room. From upstairs I heard a resounding crash. Phillip pulled my KitchenAid off the counter. Sticky yeast dough was splattered on the floor, cabinets, stove, and rugs. I had to start a new batch of dough. He was trying to help the mixer go faster. I was so worried he broke my mixer. We were both relieved when it sputtered back to life after a few well-aimed punches and lever pulls.

Saturday the kids enjoyed gingerbread house decorating. They decorated, ate half the candy, then destroyed the house. I was happy! The project lasted a hour and in the end we had nothing to show for it! That evening we drove around town to see the Christmas lights. Two homes have their lights coordinated with radio stations and music. Another home had an Easter bunny surrounded with four penguins. We got a laugh over that one. My favorite house had a huge light sign and an arrow. The sign read: Ditto. Course the houses next door were decorated to the 9's. I love humor like that. Our Nelves, Innej and Nitsuj, are actrively watching our house to make sure the kids behave.

Amelia helped me clean the basement this morning. WITH. NO. WHINING. Bliss. I coordinated with the RS and ward to provide some Christmas gifts and food for the Betony family. Nora suffered from a stroke or virus that damaged the muscles on the left side of her face. When I found out she was on her way to WORK. I feel at a complete loss when it comes to helping them. Her son left Jimmy and Nora with 4 grandkids while he went back to AZ with his newest girlfriend. His wife also left for AZ with the baby and their oldest in tow. Jimmy babysits two kids under one during the day while Nora works. They barely make ends meet, especially now they have 4 kids to care for. The Elders came along to meet the Betony family. Love them so much. Ella spent the day with us while Alison shopped for food and gifts for the Betony's. She stayed with us afterwards to play for the rest of the day. We love our Ella girl.

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks like a fun gingerbread house!

Thanks for sharing the news about the Betony family. I've been thinking about them and wishing I could do more for them. I hope Nora recovers and is okay. Lots of prayers!

Popular Posts