Strep and Turkey

 
 
Phillip was sick all this week. He kisses Evelyn whenever I turn my head. I commanded him NOT to kiss his sister while he has sick germs. His response: "BUT Mooooom, I lub her!" When he gets sick...oh, my, gracious...he is one cranky duck. He added naughty to the cranky aspect this time around. Between Monday and Wednesday he:
 
*Filled a bag of stale marshmallows with Imaginex bad guys, microwaved it until soft, then stuck the mess to the wall. Took me 20-30 minutes to chip rock hard marshmallows and bad guys off the wall. He also stuffed bristle blocks with marshmallows.
*He smeared a container of chap stick on my fish tank then fed the fish pretzels.
*He made 20+ TP bombs.
*He made himself lunch with cottage cheese, pepper corns, and salt. His containers of choice included my mortar and pestle and two bowls. He poured a shaker of salt on his meal. I laughed when he gagged.
 
Amelia labored through 10 worksheets of math homework she missed from her sick days. I almost went postal coercing her to get it done. Ended up with her on my lap and my mouth next to her ear helping her finish. Brutal. I loved having her on my lap. Hated the whining.
 
I introduced our kids to FAT MAN for FHE on Monday. I was in stitches watching them crash into each other with pillows stuffed in their footie PJs. We cancelled our plans to eat dinner with the Wood family on Tuesday night. It looked like Phillip had the Fifth's disease as well. He was up Monday night with itchy skin. Shortly after cancelling our plans Elaine invited us to their home in CO for dinner. Her kids already went through the disease so were immune. I went shopping for horse duvers and pie making ingredients. Wednesday evening I made a pumpkin and pecan pie. Our house smelled divine.
 
The boys watched quite a bit of TV this week while sick germs passed around. Everett is totally hooked on Power Rangers. He found a can opener as a weapon then declared he was the Red Ranger. Amelia is now the Pink Ranger (duh), Phillip is the Blue Ranger and Evelyn is the Yellow Ranger. Everett teased, yes teased, Justin that he was the Pink Ranger. Justin said no, I am a boy I can't be the Pink Ranger. Everett responded with a Yes, you Pink Ranger. The Power Ranger game morphed into a dog ranger game. We had to put Everett in time out several times after hitting Phillip with his can opener. If I ever need to amuse Everett all I have to do is hand him a piece of paper and scissors. The basement floor is littered with tiny scraps of squares, triangles, rectangles, and lines that he cut.

Comments

Popular Posts