4 Month Well-Child




Evelyn had her 4 mth well-child visit on Monday. She is doing perfectly well. Evelyn weighed in at 13lbs 8 oz, that places her in the 34th percentile. I was a little surprised since she seems to be on the chubby side. Her cheeks must weigh half a pound per side! She measured 24.5 inches long, or in the 45th percentile. Just in the past week she met several milestones.

*can now grab her toes. She started reaching for her toes while laying on her side. Two days later she had her legs in the air grabbing her toes. As of today she is not tasting her toes.
*yesterday she rolled onto her tummy
*she also reared up her head and kept it raised for a minute or more! I was worried since most babies do that by 3 months. With her head raise she rolled back to her side.
*blows raspberries when upset. She is constantly spitting now, spit bubbles galore.

I mentioned to Dr Shaw that Evelyn favors her left side. She rarely looks to the other side and always rolls to one side, favors one fist, etc. Dr Shaw sent me to the Physical Therapist to get her neck muscles looked at. The PT said her neck muscles are equal and she can perform the necessary movements like looking side to side when enticed. She just favors the left. The PT gave me some exercises to do and advised me to continue helping Evelyn try out her right side. 

I finally moved Evelyn into her room for napping and at night. The convenience of her sleeping right next to me is hard to argue. She was restless for a couple nights and still wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30 wanting her binky (several times). She is pretty amazing. Love my serious little lady. 

Comments

Popular Posts