Puddles of Rain





















Mother Nature delivered the best set of rainstorms to our area. It rained softly and consistently for two days. The grass went from new green to deep green in just one day of this lovely rain. We did not get any of the snow that hit Utah, just lovely rain. Phillip led the herd of kids outside to jump in the puddles. The kids were soaking wet, muddy, and so happy with the rain. I love helping them don rain boots, rain coats, find cumberbrellas and head outside. Rain won't stop us from enjoying the outdoors. Evelyn joined in the fun this year. Phillip found some rain boots that will fit her in a couple years. She fell in love with the boots. So...I put on a couple pairs of thick socks, enough so that the boots would not fall off. She looked hilarious with her clown boots on. She has not figured out how to jump yet so looked on with envy as her siblings jumped and splashed. Evelyn finally figured out that dragging her feet made a fun water pattern so practiced her new moves. Then Everett showed her how to throw rocks (yipee) into the water. So fascinating. At one time she spotted a bird and tracked it through the sky with her eyes! So cute.

Monday Phillip had super hero day at school, he dressed up as the Silver Power Ranger. I taught FHE this week. Justin helped Phillip make brownies for dessert. The lesson was on the sacrament. Everett was my helper. I think the lesson went really well! We sat in a circle and talked about the ordinance. We all tasted some bread and talked about the tastes the bread left in our mouth and how those words relate to Christ, same with the water. Amelia taught us how to play "Mother, May I."

This week on Tuesday we met at the park gardens for preschool. I took photos of the boys making alphabet shapes with their bodies under the gazebo. Emily, Amber, and Sarah herded kids and tried to play some organized games. At one point Phillip stepped on a ball and performed a spectacular fall landing on his back. The move was almost comical, except he was concrete and hurt his head. Phillip had mustache day at preschool. He looked pretty handsome!

Thursday we all went to Amelia's school for Family Fun Night. Several classrooms are designated with certain activities and crafts. We enjoyed thumb print art, juggling, making rain stick, playing boomsticks, PE Monopoly, WII dancing, scratch art, planing flowers, MineCraft, and playing the piano. We had a lovely night! Everett was quite excited and gave random people hugs. He is so lovable. Carly and I went to see the late showing of Fast and Furious 7. We laughed and joked the entire time. My karate moves are so awesome. I needed a night off.

We almost had hair sprayed chicken for dinner. I was making chicken wings for dinner. I lined a pan with foil then sprayed it with PAM. I put the chicken down then decided it needed another coat of spray. I forgot that I put the spray away, so grabbed a similar sized can on the butcher block. The air smelled wonderful. I slapped my forehead once I realized the can was hairspray. Course, I did not put the hairspray away after fixing Amelia's hair that morning. I washed off the chicken and started over.

Amelia and I getting ready for her birthday party. We made 10-12 tissue pom-poms this week. We are hoping it will not rain or be toooooooooo windy. This week will be crazy. I spent a couple hours this week making up a price list and printing 6x9 envelopes in order to photograph Dance Steps Studio for their recitals. It will be a lot of work, over 65 dancers. Yikes. That happens on Saturday. I am hoping to be done before Amelia's birthday party starts. I will need to have everything ready that morning. Amelia requested a Tea Party this year.

Comments

Popular Posts