Mother's Day 2015









Spoiled! I was completely spoiled today. I startled awake at 6:50 to Amelia hovering next to our bed holding a crusty cookie sheet with breakfast in bed. So darling! I ate soggy Wheaties with a large serving of milk in the bowl and a large glass of water (she knows me well). On the "tray" was a cute tissue flower, a card, and a gift all made at school. Her puppy dog eyes and the way she patted my arm while I ate made me smile and feel so loved. Phillip's card was epic. Apparently, I like to go on trips to marry my boyfriend. Hey, I will take it. All day I got big, sloppy wet Phillip kisses; small, dry butterfly kissed from Everett, and Amelia laying on my lap. Everett kept whispering in my ear "I love you, Mom!" Little kid whispers are the best: wet, slithery, and utterly adorable. I love when kids learn how to whisper. Justin replaced my broken backdrop stand with a new one! It even has air-cushioned control and a super nice carrying bag. The best was Justin making Shrimp Scampi for dinner. Everett could not wait to have shrimps for dinner. He spent a good, long while repeating over and over: "I love shrimps, you cooked the shrimps yet? I love shrimps! Is dinner ready?" His slurping tongue sounds topped off his exuberance.

It snowed 4-6 inches over the past 10 hours. Church was shortened to just Sacrament Meeting. The wind was bitterly cold. I hope the farmers crops survive, I hope my flowers and garden survive. All the kids enjoyed making snowmen, throwing snowballs, and stomping in the heavy wet snow.

Elder Lance was on Skype after nap time. The kids and I enjoyed chatting with him for a while. He is growing so much! I cannot believe his mission is almost over, only 3-4 months left!

Comments

Popular Posts