Two Birthdays in a Week























Phillip and Evelyn celebrated their birthdays this week! Phillip turned 6 on Tuesday and Evelyn turned 2 on Thursday. Evelyn continues with her trend of restless sleeping patterns. It is exhausting. She alone made me exhausted. Monday night Amelia woke up with the stomach flu and digestional tract issues; Everett also woke up with croup like symptoms, and Phillip had a nightmare. I was a disaster Tuesday morning. I got up a bit early to make Phillip chocolate chip pancakes for his birthday. We sang him the birthday song then sent him to school. Amelia stayed home to recuperate from her hard night. My Visit Teachers saved the day...I forgot they were coming over. Just as I was about to leave for a long Walmart trip Gina and Jeremee showed up. Both ladies dug in and hand-washed my sink of dishes while I cleaned up the kitchen. It was so marvelous! I did not have the energy to get it all done. In less than 15 minutes the space was ship-shape. That was the best visit I've had in years. Since Amelia was home sick she stayed with Evelyn while she napped. Justin met Everett and I at Phillip's school for cupcakes and some birthday magic. He smiled so wide I thought his face would split! That was worth the entire exhausting day. Once again I was too tired to wrap presents so while the kids were bathing I hid his gifts and sent the kids on a treasure hunt. I really think he enjoyed my faux pas more than wrapping paper. Way to go tired MOMMY!!! We had a great time telling funny Phillip stories throughout the day. He is such a joy to have. He is delighted with three new Star Wars toys, a Chima toy, Dinotrux book, and $40.

Wednesday morning Phillip and Evelyn had well-child visits with Dr Shaw. Phillip had his kindergarten physical at the same time to save a doctor co-pay. Both kids are healthy and perfect in every way. Dr Shaw asked Evelyn all kinds of questions to which Evelyn answered "No," except for the question regarding if she wanted a million dollars...she answered "Yes!" That made the adults laugh for a good while. Phillip did not want to return to school after our fun morning date. He cried all the way to his classroom. I gave him a "Kissing Hand" then left him in the wonderful hands of Miss Hubbard. Evelyn and I spent the rest of the morning at Walmart shopping for party supplies and food. I was really proud of my thrifty skills, I only spent $50 on Phillip's party! Pretty good in my book for a group of 13 kids. I finally got my birthday present delivered in the form of a cute yellow cabinet for my living room...to store toys in. It fits right in. Of course I had to rearrange the furniture and also accomplish a deep clean on the space. That felt amazing. Our temps in Sidney were hovering over 100 degrees by the time school got out. I filled up the pool and set up the sprinkler. Soon the kids were whooping and hollering in the cold water. It was heaven outside! I really enjoyed Evelyn's onesie clad bum. She had a mighty fine bum crack hanging out. I made a simple dinner of ham, cold cantaloupe, and garden veggies for dinner.

Thursday was Evelyn's birthday. We did not do much to celebrate since she was totally unaware of her new status. Besides posting uber-adorable photos, a birthday lunch, and a couple gifts she spent her day in oblivion. I mostly worked on Phillip's birthday party preparation. I made each child a Jedi robe with four knit sheets I found at the thrift store. I also made Jedi swords with foam light sticks and duct tape. Friday night I made 14 paper airplanes as part of the obstacle course. Evelyn got a pink bouncy horse, a stroller, and three babies (Ana, Elsa, and one I made) for her birthday. She looked hilarious bouncing on her horse...her hair was sticking up all over. Her new favorite yard activity is picking green tomatoes off my vines. After her bath Justin put her stroller together, she raced up and down the sidewalk with her new toys. She was very happy! Amelia finally got a hair cut. I wanted to chop it all off to a cute a-line. She wanted it long. We compromised and only took off 3 inches. Her hair is long enough to be Heromine for Halloween, but short enough to brush without so many tangles.

My current pregnancy craving this time around is: nachos, specifically pickled jalapenos. I ate two jars of jalapenos this week. I am grossing myself out just writing about it, but still...there is the naked truth. I can't get enough nachos. I made homemade refried beans this week for tostadas. Oh my...so delicious. Pile on 20 jalapenos on beans and a tostada flat and bingo. Pregnancy craving solved.

Phillip lost his first tooth Friday night. His bottom right tooth was practically falling out. With a little floss we popped it right out of his mouth! He was so delighted! The tooth next door is ready to come out as well. He looks pretty cute with his new space. I worked in the kitchen off and on all day making treats for Phillip's party. We had nachos for dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts