Clouds and Rain




Hurricane Rosa brought us four cloudy and rainy days! Four glorious days of mild temperatures in the 80s and over an inch of rain. The kids were quite excited to experience part of a hurricane. Everett spotted several funnels in the rain clouds. We all enjoyed the change in weather especially putting on rain coats for a spell. Josie got soaked Tuesday morning, she reminded me of a little duck who finally found a puddle to swim in. Since it was so cloudy and dark outside I sewed up a dress project that I'v had my mind on for months. Just look up Spanish Puffball Dresses on Pinterest. These dresses are magical confections of lace, ribbons, and short puffy skirts. The bonnets and diaper covers just put the dress over the top. Evelyn went with me on Saturday to Sas, the most amazing fabric store, like a thrift store full of fabric. The trick is finding what you need, since all the fabrics are piled in boxes and shoved into random corners. Evelyn scoured the floor finding random trinkets like beads, spangles, and feathers. She showed the owner her pocketful of treasure, she was allowed to keep it all for her honesty and for cleaning up! I purchased the trim for the dress. I had the fabric in my stash. I can't wait to take photos with some Utah fall colors next week. Laura Webster came over to cut out a dress she wanted to make. I sewed my dress while she cut hers. So fun.

Josie, baby Gabi, and I spent a lovely (not) 4 hours at Walmart for an oil change. I almost gave up twice but was told the wait was only 30 more minutes, longest two hour 30 minutes I've ever waited. By the time we checked out my frozen items were soggy and the refrigerated stuffs not so cold. Thank heavens we had enough to do. Josie totally enjoyed spending an hour in the toy section. Gabi slept for three hours so that was another blessing.

Evelyn and Amelia had dental cleaning early, early Wednesday morning. I did not tell Evelyn until we pulled up where our destination was. She did quite well, was still very tense but did not bite fingers and kept her mouth open. Amelia still has gingivitis along her gums and a molar hanging on for dear life. Her mission for the next week is to wiggle that tooth out or else we are splitting the $165 bill. Gag...I don't know how to help Amelia with her gum issues. Do I brush my 11 year olds teeth for her, stand next to her and peer into her mouth while she brushes? Ideas?

Next post will be all about our Utah trip. Keep Justin in your prayers. Things are changing at work and becoming quite stressful. His anxiety levels are through the roof.

Comments

Popular Posts