Sickies

 


This week was an absolute black hole. We were due to leave for Utah on Monday. I got an uncomfortable feeling that I shared with the kids, we decided to delay our trip a day. Lots of snow fell between here and SLC on Monday. Most of the passes were terribly slick and some even closed. Towards the end of the day we had some sunshine boding a better day to travel. 

Tuesday we held out hope for our Utah trip. We packed our bags and were ready to leave Evelyn woke me up at 12:30 am spewing barf from her room to my bathroom very early Tuesday morning. Some folks are graceful barfers, some are not. Josie is a graceful one. She uses her bowl and just does her thing. Evelyn graced the carpet, the walls, the floor, the entire toilet area with her decor. She promptly got a shower. She then spent the next 3 hours loudly vomiting every 30 minutes or so. She finally got up at 5:30 because sleep was evading us. Poor kid then puked so hard she pooped her undies. I asked her to wait while I fetched some clean undies and PJs. Did she wait? Nope. I then got to clean up dirrhea off the toilet, the floor, her clothing, and the kid. She got another bath. She puked in her hair soon after (even though I braided it after the first shower). Sigh. Josie slept through me stripping their bed sheets with the light on.  I postponed the trip for another day hoping no one else got the tummy flu. Instead we got more snow and lots (and lots) of TV. I think the TV was on 16 hours a day for the next 6 days. 

Next day Josie also got the nastiest sulfur burps, like I still feel nauseous thinking about her burps. Her tummy was not well so we delayed another day. She was dead asleep by 10 pm when Josie reared up in bed and let out the largest sulfur-laced man belch. I excused myself from their room, grossssssss. Evelyn was feeling better by Wednesday morning. Amelia came down with a head cold and a headache. By this point I gave up hope for our Utah trip, cancelled it just because everyone was feeling under the weather. We made a couple of excursions out for grocery shopping, the boys went to gymnastics, and to the gas station for gatorade. 

Saturday we were plagued with barf again. The boys came down with the tummy flu. Phillip was a graceful barfer (surprise!). Everett was not. He barfed a trail down the back of the couch and trickled a puke trail to the bathroom. He exploded, not pretty. Not pretty at all. I was surprised Justin manned up and helped clean up the mess. Everett did his job as well and wiped up the bathroom. Phillip desperately wanted a nap but felt too dizzy. I had him lay down in front of the sliding door so the cool air would refresh his face. That helped! He was able to take a nap. 

Justin had another very busy week. He looks so tired! He's earning that salary wage right now. I worked on editing a slew of photos I took of Josie and Evelyn just for kicks and giggles. Friday I had another newborn session! The boys were banned upstairs. The girls were feeling well enough to attend swimming lessons with Mia to help them out. I lysoled (that is a verb now) the open areas and made sure to use a ton of sanitizer. The mom told me baby Luna did not sleep and was afraid I would not get any good photos. Luna slept like a champ because Mom followed my preparation instructions. She was darling! I got the family out the door before the girls returned home from swimming. 

I was feeling down in the dumps. We really wanted to get out of town for a couple days and enjoy cousin time. Instead everyone was sick and the TV was on almost non-stop. I cannot wait for a new week! I do love sleeping in but honestly I don't feel any better or more energized. Strangely, I'm looking forward to getting up for the gym, making the kids work hard at school, and saying "no devices!" 

Our country experienced record snow and ice this week. Boise had the 8th snowiest record since the 1892, the last time Boise had this much snow was 1949! Texas had terrible ice storms that left parts of the state without power for days. I cannot imagine living in a place where folks are used to light winters only to be plunged into the ice age. The Hornbargers reported their house temperature in San Antonio was 41 degrees inside!   

Comments

Popular Posts