Springish Weather

 


We started out the week with a fun field trip to a trampoline park in Meridian. The kids were so excited to get out of the house especially to a jump park. We only had an hour space but that turned out to be just right for most of the kids. Josie found she loved climbing up the rope nets, but to get down she had to slide down a long, terrifying slide. She made it down slowly...then decided it was not so bad...went another 5 times in a row. Evelyn and the boys showed off their flips learned in gymnastics. We drove an extra 8 minutes to have lunch with Justin since we were in the area. He's been so busy it was nice to see him during the daylight and not at the computer. The kids had a lighter workload this week for school. The boys read new books and completed book reports about their reads. Everett read "The One and Only Ivan" and Phillip read "Frindle." Evelyn read with Sister Flake on Monday and Friday. She is improving so quickly! She is earning pennies to put in the Penny Jars the Primary is collecting money for (St Luke's Children's Hospital). This week she is going to start a "100 books read" chart, earning a special date with Mom and Dad. The other kids now want reading charts to earn things like bluetooth ear pods or money. LOL. 

The boys and I got hair cuts this week. I straightened my hair last Sunday, my hair was well-past my arm pits! I think my hair was the longest it's ever been. It was in dire need of a big trim, so the hair stylist trimmed off 6+ inches. My bouncy curls are back, the frizzy ends gone. Yay! Evelyn quite enjoyed brushing, braiding, and fixing my long and straight hair before I cut it. The boys had some long hairs going on. I still lack skills to give decent hair cuts for my boys. Phillip almost missed getting his hair cut because he wasted three hours doing nothing for school. I gave him a list of 4 things to complete, he finished one (a zoom meeting). It's frustrating he wastes time, I have no trust that he will complete a task left to him. He finished the last assignment seconds before it was his turn for a haircut. Cutting it close there young man. 

I had a Dr appointment this week. I'm still trying to figure out how to overcome constant fatigue. I deal with it just fine, it's just a battle I fight every day. My iron levels were at 14, which is a low number, so I'm taking some ferrous sulfate. Dr Mari Riley was also willing to treat me with Concerta, a customary ADHD medication. It is also used to treat narcolepsy! Jana was on Concerta for many years to up her energy levels. I hope for even a slight up tick! Now I need to figure out how to get the insurance company to cover the medication. It will take some time to teach the Dr how to write out the proper prescription that won't cost me $200 a month. Medical care is more business these days than compassion. 

Wednesday we all took a short trip to Walmart. I needed some new, sharp, and clean trimmers to clean up the rose bushes. I watched several YouTube videos about rose bush pruning before making the effort. I hope to end up with another lovely season of gorgeous roses. I hope it was not too late since most of the branches had new growth on the stems. My daffodils and hyacinths are also coming up! Yay! The kids all donned shorts and summer clothes to celebrate temperatures in the lower 60's. Josie started crying when I wouldn't fill up the kiddie pool for her. Instead I got new chalk and some chalk holders. The kids filled up a dirt patch in the Ostler's backyard with water and made a huge mud pit. There is mud littering the garage and all rain boots. Josie got a Barbie shovel and rake at Walmart, she was quite intent on planting something so I let her plant some flower seeds leftover from last year. All the kids got new work gloves, now we can put them to work in the yard. Justin and the boys got cedar wood to make longer and deeper garden boxes this year. Everett is excited to help build the boxes. He really, really wants his own box to plant beans, peas, and a pumpkin. 

Everett told me he wanted to try putting together a larger puzzle like less than 5,000 pieces. My eyes must've boggled because he quickly lowered the number to 1,200 pieces. I bought a 300 piece puzzle that was quite challenging! The kids helped put together our first family puzzle on Saturday morning. We have a 500 piece Pokemon puzzle to try next. I am not so fond of puzzles...the sacrifices we make for our children. Evelyn took a bag and cut holes for her legs, the bag became a dry erase board. We took turns writing messages on her belly and back. Such a funny girl. The kids started fighting over the front passenger seat. I am afraid this battle will last until Evelyn leaves the house. Shot Gun! Whomever sits in the seat is prone to chest slaps from Mom, hopefully that will deter the fighting? 

Amelia joined the Among Us craze. She organized an evening of the game with the Ostlers. The kids came up with tasks and assigned the imposter anonymously. It was chaos for periods of time as kids raced around completing tasks and trying to figure out the impostor. The game is similar to a murder mystery game. She had all the kids wear certain colors. She even made herself an egg hat just for fun. 

Being human is a hard thing. It take grace, forgiveness, and patience to be in a family. This week was a hard human week for Justin and I. Thursday we had quite a talk about things weighing on our hearts. Let's just say lots of tears, frustration, and forgiveness happened. I am grateful for an intuitive neighbor/friend who could sense I needed to talk. I'm grateful for Garrett our counselor guiding us towards being better humans. I'm grateful for Justin and the flaws we have. I really believe part of being human is learning to live with grace and faith. It's a hard and long process. The more we can forgive and open our hearts to love the better life can be.    

Comments

Popular Posts