Roaring Springs

 





We almost had a pet baby Robin. Almost. Dog Vader gently brought the bird inside 9 times between Sunday and Tuesday. He was worried about the hopping bird making it's way around our yard. The poor parent birds let us know how unhappy they were about the situation. The first time we put the bird back in the nest and then moved the nest back into the tree. The bird hopped out. Dog Vader helped it inside. I put the nest inside a low bush, the bird hopped out. Dog Vader helped it inside. We tried feeding the bird juicy worms, which are very sticky by the way and the bird was extra skittish. Repeat story. We put the nest inside a box with a cup of ice and another of water. Evelyn let the bird out. It hid under the shed. It was a cute pain in the bum. Poor bird was once again rescued by Vader who accidentally broke it's neck. We buried the bird inside it's nest in a deepish hole with rose petals and a nice head "stick." Evelyn named the bird "Love." It was well-loved in the two short days we knew it and loved it. Evelyn now wants a live pet to hug and hold. We made a goal that if she can work for 30 days without throwing a tantrum she can get a reward. In her mind, the reward is a pet. Ambree helped incubate that dream when Evelyn went with Ambree to get wax worms for her gecko. They came home with a list of pets. Justin decided if we get another pet at all the animal will be a skinny pig, aka miniature hippo. It is horrifyingly cute, especially when dressed up in crocheted dresses. 

One of my neighbors stopped by on Monday to let us know that someone set up a sign with our address on it. I saw the sign earlier in the day but dismissed it as stupid, not reading the address. Welp, the address was our address. Apparently, someone took offense to Justin speeding around the neighborhood streets, probably racing me home from church. He always wins, because I am not racing. What do you do when someone offends you? Maybe slip a note in their mailbox? Knock on their door and scream at the offender? Draw a chalk message on their driveway? Put a note on their windshield? Call the police and report my speeding husband? Nope! You stake an asinine sign, facebook style. The offended person also rigged the sign with a motion detector so if the sign was disturbed something would happen? Maybe I am on camera now. Sara was more upset than I was about the entire situation, she added her name to the poster as a fellow speeder. I wanted to add the names of the kids who zoom around on mini motorbikes and the guy in the massive truck. Justin had several good ideas he refrained from enacting. In the end I emailed the HOA and asked them to remove the sign since the entrance is their responsibility. I am nagging Justin to stop his speeding habit.

My van spent two days at Les Schuab getting tires rotated, a flat repaired, realigned, and the brakes and rotors worked on. It is almost a new van! Feels like a cloud slowing down instead of driving on a washboard. Everett got it in his brain to make pretzels all by himself. He needed a helping hand here and there but mainly worked on his pretzels all by himself. I helped boil the dough in baking soda solution and managed the oven. He sure loves baking! The boys also ironed their own Sunday shirts this week on Friday. They did a great job remembering the process and instructions given them last week. Amelia has taken to hiding Pickles in odd places to harass Justin in protest of Justin calling her stuffy Mr Pickles. It's just Pickles, duh! This week she hid the toy in our closet under a cap with utensils taped to the paws. She is quite silly. We got to meet Copper, a darling 8 week old Irish Setter at the dog grooming place when Vader went in for his session. My kids were in love with her soft ears and silky fur. 

Wednesday Amelia hosted the Young Women's activity at our home. We got the house whipped up into a clean house for our morning chores. Amelia and Phillip even wiped down the island, it was quite gross after a few months of neglect. Sara and I went to Costco and Hobby Lobby just for fun. Sara needed strawberries to make freezer jam. Our activity was making clay charms using Sculpy clay. In a few weeks we will have another activity making jewelry with the charms.  

Evelyn wanted a Mermaid tail for her birthday. I found a site that sells high end mermaid skins and flippers...with a scratch and dent sale page! Evelyn was excited to get a blue skin and pink flipper for just $40. I was excited to only spend $40 on a reliable product. Sara told Ambree she could get a set if Evelyn got one. So!!!! Both girls are now mermaids. I was quite pleased our order shipped 20 minutes after I ordered on Tuesday. We went swimming for Activity Days at Sister Hill's pool. Sara brought over the tails about an hour after we started. Ambree and Evelyn got to try out their birthday gifts for the last part of our activity in a deep pool. So fun. They morphed into mermaids after dinner until their lips turned blue. 

Friday morning we cleaned the loft and bedrooms. We are leaving for Utah on Tuesday so wanted a clean home when we return. Evelyn did a great job not throwing a fit, there were some tears but she kept it together. I think her reward will be a makeup session with a makeup artist, something I can afford and not have to keep alive. Amelia, Phillip, and I went to shop for school shoes. Phillip is wearing the same size at Justin and Amelia and I are in the same size! Yikes. Phillip really wanted a pair of high tops, which is a hard find due to his wide feet. His shoes cost a chunk of change because he needs special sizes not found at Walmart; plus he can ruin Walmart shoes in less than a month. I quite enjoyed shopping with the two older kids. Justin and I went on a date that same evening. We had Poki bowls, which is like sushi in a bowl for dinner. I quite enjoyed shopping for running shoes for my chonky dogs. I also found a fun pair of Chaccos for my birthday in about a week. I found a big girl bike for Josie on Facebook marketplace in Eagle, ID, close to where we were at. Josie was surprised we brought home a bike with a seat for Ellie on the back. The bike looks HUGE for her but the next size down was way too small. She is delighted with her new wheels.

Saturday we headed to Roaring Springs for the day. Justin is in the middle of busy season but his workload was light for the weekend so we took advantage! The park opens at 11 am so we arrived shortly after despite our 10:20 departure time. We played for 90 minutes, Evelyn and I rode the toilet bowl ride a couple times. We met up around 1 for a picnic lunch outside the park. Josie was not in a great mood. She was cold so did not enjoy swimming much. She spent more time parked on a beach chair than in the water. We did ride several rides together which she greatly enjoyed. Justin and Evelyn flipped their tube in one of the rides, Justin enjoyed it but Evelyn was freaked out. The wave pool is always a crowd pleaser. I think the kids got a kick out of ordering their own snacks with allowance money. We left the park for a quick (and more affordable) dinner. Phillip, Mia, Josie, and I raced down a fun waterslide...I won thanks to gravity. I quite enjoy places that draw a crowd because of the collection of interesting souls who are drawn to such places (think county fair, amusement parks, mall, etc). It's a people watching heaven. Everett spent most of the day going solo. I caught a glimpse of him with his finger to his ear like activating an ear microphone device, he received some instructions, then ran off into the water shooting some sort of weapon. He jogged off alone right when we were gathering to leave. The family left the park, I waited near the lockers as he finally wandered over confused we were gone. He wandered around for a bit nearing panic, I followed him until close enough to throw my cup of water on his back. He was annoyed and relieved all at the same time. One day he'll learn to let me know where he is going off to. He is a funny kid! Josie was most excited about riding her bike after we left the park at the 8 pm closing time. 

I subbed as the Primary chorister this Sunday. Sister forgot to drop off the lesson plan or provide the list of songs, so we went with "winging" it this week. The kids are learning "My own Sacred Grove" for their program. Thankfully, I know that song! We played musical measles, aka the kids put stickers on the chorister, when the song is sung well. So fun. Amelia and I also met the ladies we minister to, after more than a year I finally have an assignment. We delivered cream cheese banana bread to our two ladies.  

Comments

Popular Posts