Paint for Days

 


I enjoyed painting more furniture this week. I finished the hutch and decided to paint the TV table some fun colors to brighten the room. The hutch was a challenge because I could not replicate the green tones from the table with the milk paint. As a compromise I painted the bead board with matching green paint (that took me 20 minutes to mix and match) just in the grooves. I love how it looks! I never really liked the finish on the TV table, it just fit the space and our needs. The coffee table needs help now. Instead of spending $50 to strip the paint I found a $30 replacement that just needs to be painted, not stripped. Oddly, the new thrifted coffee table is a beast and similar to the one we have, I've dubbed it the tank since that table has seen a lot of sketchy kid antics. The same day I picked up a used end table, yep...needs paint but is in great shape. Wednesday was the day to clean the little girls room again. Goodness, that chore took 4 hours, 3 garbage bags of junk, and another trip to DI. I honestly don't know where half the junk even comes from! Thursday evening we worked for an hour to clean up the loft area, it was about to attack us while we slept. 

Thursday was a very busy day because the kids needed to wear their choir uniforms to rehearsal. I spent the most time hunting down Phillip and Everett's accessories like belts, matching shoes, and Everett's elusive tie. I picked up the kids early from school because Josie's age group started at 4:10, the kids don't even get out of school until 3:45 and the drive adds another 30 minutes. I had barely enough time to get her dressed. In between Josie and the next group we ran to Sonic for a quick dinner for Amelia and Phillip. Raced back to get Evelyn and Everett dressed in time for their inspection. Gratefully Phillip and Amelia got themselves dressed with little to no fuss. Then the kids started trickling out after practice. Josie wanted to get dressed back into comfy clothes directly after her practice. Everett and Evelyn also wanted to get dressed before we drove home. I felt like a circus performer! The only item I need to change was the silver band on Evelyn's shoes. 

Friday I worked to edit the family mini session from the prior week. In between editing I painted and sealed furniture. By the end of the day the hutch was back in the house and the tv table curing before it came back inside. 

Saturday was also very busy. Amelia, Phillip, Everett, and Evelyn had grand rehearsal from 8:30-11 am at a high school in Middleton. I volunteered as the women's chorus assistant, basically herding girls from point A to B. The kids sounded amazing singing Beautiful Savior, that harmony split is magical. Justin cleaned the kitchen while we were away. He was quite protective of all his hard work, rightly so if you ask me! We cleaned up the house as the kids worked on their chores. Amelia and Phillip enjoyed a youth retreat from 2-7 pm up past Boise in the canyon. Amelia said they played games, had several devotionals, lots of music/singing, and of course food. Sara and I went to see "The Eternals" at the theater for her birthday. To make it an extra special event we ate popcorn and enjoyed a soda. Sunday I made dinner for the Ostlers of chicken parmesan meatballs with spaghetti. Delish. 

Comments

Popular Posts