Two Missing Teeth




Evelyn lost her two bottom incisors! She pulled them both all by herself. In the meantime she had several vivid dreams worrying that she swallowed her teeth and died. The teeth were quite wobbly before she attempted extraction. She lost the first tooth at school much to her relief! The second one came out a few days later right before her first hip hop class at Idaho Rhythm. The tooth fairy was lame, didn’t come the first night then had the audacity to leave her coins instead of bills. Josie also has her top tooth coming in a good ways behind her baby tooth. Yay. 


We enjoyed a long weekend thanks to Martin Luther King (I mean Human Rights Day) and the end of the quarter teacher work day. Monday Mia, Josie, and I went thrifting at Savers because DI was closed. Amelia was on the hunt for a skirt to wear with a new cute lilac sweater she got for Christmas. Josie was delighted to find a toy she’s wanted for a year or more. Evelyn invited over her friend Ashlyn for a playdate. Then the girls went to Ashlyn’s home to play for a couple hours. I managed to teach back to back lessons all morning so had a clear afternoon to play with the kids. Justin enrolled Phillip in a “Youth Strength Training” class at the rec center that started Monday. We went swimming while he was in his first day of class. The kids had fun swimming with Mia. Tuesday we spent a lovely hour at the library. Josie and Evelyn got some craft boxes for free at the library. Josie and I completed the alligator craft for our Mom and Me time. Amelia and Everett went ice skating for their combined youth activity. They sure love ice skating. Phillip was not disappointed 


Phillip completed his youth course Thursday evening at 9 pm. He had 4 days of orientation where he learned how to exercise, lift weights, use the weight room, and gained basic confidence in the gym! He was worried about the final test but it was easy and he finished with ease. Now he can use the weight room without a parent present. We enjoyed some snow Thursday morning, a good 3-4 inches on the ground when we woke up. A few days prior a gal advertised she was renting out her cute red truck all decorated for Valentine’s Day for photography use. I arranged to come with the kids for 30 minutes on Saturday. With the fresh snow I decided it would be more fun to try on Thursday. So we rushed around to get clothes and hair fixed for an impromptu snow session. It was absolutely freezing outside with the wind and post snow temperatures. Oh my gracious. I was stunned that the photos turned out as well as they did since we were all hunched over and shivering. We dropped Phillip off at the gym before heading home. The RS hosted a food storage and planning activity, Amelia came along to babysit. I was holding one of the twins, he was content until I asked him if he liked Diet Coke. He does not like that drink, his crying made us both upset. Ha ha. I got to share some food storage tips after Sara. I had to drive back out to Caldwell because my fancy lens and Josie's hat was left at the red truck. I asked Phillip grab my lens case, which he moved instead of grabbing. The owner grabbed my stuff and brought it inside before the cold damaged my lens. 


Friday morning I spent photographing a cute family that welcomed their second daughter! Ironically their girl's names were Emmaline and Hannah! The dad is a concert pianist, studied piano pedagogy at BYU. I invited him to come play with MCO. Mom is a family doctor. 


Amelia and Phillip enjoyed Stake Youth Conference Saturday evening with two guest speakers, a tri-tip steak dinner, and a dance with the "famous" DJ Waffles. They quite enjoyed themselves.  

Comments

Popular Posts