Thinking on Eternity


I was tasked with organizing two musical numbers for Grandma’s funeral last week. Grandma wanted the great-grands to sing The Miracle at the funeral service then Suo Gan at the gravesite. Drumming up volunteers was worse than pulling teeth. Finally I recruited Jeremy to play guitar while at least Amelia sang as a soloist. Now just 3 days away from the funeral grand kids are suddenly volunteering to play violin. It’s a bit frustrating because I asked for volunteers two weeks ago but crickets so made my own arrangements. Yes, it will be a Lane Lance production. There is no time for practicing with violins when the soloist is not coming to Heber until midnight on Friday. I want the greats to use Grandma’s scarves while they sing The Miracle! The older grands will sing the 3rd verse with harmony…it will be so majestic for our sweet Grandma. 

Mia left for Choir Festival at 7 am on Monday. She said the concert choir sang the best ever after learning so much at the clinicals over their trip and after their last concert. I am please she had a lovely experience. She is finally making friends with her choir mates. She was even invited to two graduation parties! Hooray. It was quite windy on Monday. A giant tumbleweed lodged itself in one of our bushes. Phillip promptly put it in the back of Justin’s truck, his reason? Phillip wants to give Justin the tumbleweed for Father’s Day. Makes complete sense, ha ha ha. I chuckle each time I catch a glimpse of it in the truck bed. 


My spring flowers are finally making an appearance! Spring is late this year with a long, cold winter still hanging on. The pear tree usually blooms in March and it’s still dormant. The kids helped me finally clear the dead garden refuse from the boxes. We were thrilled to find an onion growing and carrots sprouting up. 


Friday was the last Art Mom classes for the school year. The teachers worked hard to get the art sorted then have each child choose their favorite art to display. After the last class we attached labels and poster mounting dots. I really love teaching art. Josie’s class did a great job learning to draw the Mona Lisa. The next day I found a cute drawing on the whiteboard that looked like a Ronald Dahl sketch, complete with correct facial features placement. Evelyn endured a long week of state testing. She did not finish her writing test so spent part of the weekend stressing about what to write. Poor kid is not falling asleep until 11-12 each night. 


Saturday we worked hard to get the loft and bedrooms back in order. It’s crazy how quickly things get cluttered. I guess I am a terrible housekeeper. The 1950s housewife would be so very ashamed! Justin worked a very long week on the Q1, I hear it was very frustrating week. Amelia and I went to get her birthday photos taken around 5:30 pm. We had a fun evening taking photos at the red truck than the south shores of Lake Lowell. We stayed until sunset hoping for a gorgeous sky. She looked so cute in the rented green dress we found. We happened on a couple heading back to their motorcycle. I made a comment about his bike, suddenly Amelia found herself awkwardly posed on the bike at his insistence. So funny. 


Sunday was Stake Conference. On our way to church Phillip called Everett a sucker. Josie immediately piped up: you don’t want to be a sucker cause suckers get licked! I about lost it. The next glance in the rearview mirror revealed her vigorously licking the air. We were all dying. After an hour of conference Josie was completely over sitting in a chair. She muttered under her breath, how long is this going to last, I can’t feel my bum cheeks. A row of missionaries behind us emphatically agreed. It was about 65 degrees outside, it was heaven outside. Then snow on the ground in the morning. 

Comments

Popular Posts