Zucchini



Monday and Tuesday mornings I got to photograph two sweet baby girls, two older siblings, plus the parents. I am so grateful for Andrea Cortes, she has referred me to everyone she knows, I’d say 60% of my business comes from her referrals, and now those friends referrals. I was happy to spend the extra time making Andrea’s newborn session dreams come true. The baby on Monday was one of Andrea’s referrals! Baby Ivy’s parents love tennis so I included a fun racket pose with the baby. The older siblings were not keen on sibling or family photos. I’d say coaxing Diego to take photos took about 2 hours longer than customary. Plus Dahlia managed to eat every single hour! Ivy was a healthy eater too, her parent’s nickname is Miss Piggy. Amelia was an awesome big sister on Monday, she took the kids swimming at the rec center with Jocelyn. I went grocery shopping while the kids enjoyed the pool. 


Wednesday we needed to get out and do something so we headed to the mall. Amelia was keen on going, sounds good to me. The three girls spent their money on matching rose-colored cloud-shaped glasses. So cute! It was lunch time, we had food court Panda Express, $33 to feed 6ish hungry adults…score! We lost Philip, Everett, and Josie when they went to the arcade. Mia, Evelyn and I went to Macy’s in search of a swimsuit. We finally found each other with much rejoicing. Everett won 500 tickets playing a $5 game, he was ecstatic with his cheapy ticket rewards. Our ward had a 3rd orchard peach thinning activity, there is an abundance of fruit this year. The first two visits only 4-5 families helped out, it was too much work for the amount of rows and peaches we had to thin. It is done. Phew. I stayed home with the little girls to get some work done. 


Thursday the girls were bored out of their minds, I made up a couple batches of edible play dough with leftover frosting. The kids had a blast making tiny “cookies” with the frosting and playing cookie shop. Julie the dog trainer came over for anther training session. This time she added down, leave-it, and curb to the three previous commands of sit, touch, and come. Friday was another cleaning day. I focused on the loft this time. I raided the toy closet, sorting through the costumes, board games, extra bedding, and a huge box of computer miscellany. Then I cleaned the area where Evelyn’s art table and supplies were located. I moved Amelia’s bookcase from her room, she complains whenever a brother comes in her room to borrow a book. I put the little girl’s books in the bookcase and moved it next to the toy closet, the nugget couch has a place next to the shelf. It makes a nice little reading nook. I donated a huge lot of stuff and came home with a shelf for Mia’s room, a hanging organizer for the art supplies, and some cute wall decor. Justin was not happy I brought more stuff home! The organizing never lasts…but the idea still appeals to me. Maybe one day Evelyn and Josie will get the hang of it. The loft feels much cleaner and purposeful…for the moment. 


I am very grateful Justin and Phillip worked to get the drip water set up for the tomato box on the south side! We finally have warmer temperatures, for a couple days the high was only 60. The older kids enjoyed a fun temple baptism excursion on Saturday. Everett managed to get a mysterious burn on his arm, he thinks maybe a friend gave him an Indian burn on accident?! We wrapped his arm in Saran Wrap so he could do baptisms. 


Thursday and Friday I had job interviews! I am grateful two schools called me in for an interview, Sherman and Ronald Reagan. Sherman lost most of their staff at the end of the school year, they are hiring for every position, including principal and vice principal. The first interview went well. Sherman is a STEM school, computer class would also have a Maker Space component each week. That sounded exciting. One of their questions was “when was the last time you made a powerpoint presentation?” I excitedly answered: I made a presentation for my family about life not being fair. Next day I interviewed with Reagan. I was thrilled Mr Gingerich and Mrs Douglas were part of the interview. They asked a lot of questions! I liked the idea of a makerspace, so pitched that idea. Phew! Sara interviewed right after I finished for the regular para job. 

Comments

Popular Posts