Bonk-ers





I started a fundraiser through Teachers Pay Teachers in order to raise money for some curriculum! I was excited that 3 people donated a total of $70! I was able to get the kindergarten program! Hooray! That will help immensely. Now to find the time to figure it out, print, and learn how to disseminate the materials. I also invested in a HUGE keyboard to hang in the classroom, it’s made of paper so not that exciting. I made three trips to Walmart for colored paper over the week, plus I did not get enough bread. So yeah. Monday was another crazy day. Some classes are just nuts! I felt like raw meat thrown into a piranha pool after the kinder and first grades. Wednesday the paras came in to help log-in computers and get the kids learning mouse skills. Josie and I are working hard on her spelling and reading when we come in early. She is getting her spelling homework mostly completed, in spite of my negative opinions regarding homework. Friday Mrs Villa plays music in the pavilion for a fun treat. I got the dance bug and started jiving with the kids. I did the splits like three times, the 5th graders were very impressed. My legs were not so impressed the next day. Remind me to not do that again without stretching a little beforehand. 

Josie walked in my classroom around 3:00 pm with a huge goose egg on her forehead. She was playing chase at recess and ran right into the swing set pole with her head. It was quite swollen when the nurse checked her out. We kept ice on it for a couple hours and Tylenol to reduce her nasty headache. We were surprised her noggin did not bruise that much. Phew! That girl is a magnet for head injuries. 


Evelyn got a new prescription for Adderall instead of Dextroamphetamine, her last medication was $65 at the Pharmacy. Thankfully, Adderall is much cheaper and not so hard to find the past month. I can actually get it at our local Walmart Pharmacy. Our ward had a Family History event at the local FamilySearch building. Justin went alone, I was late getting home after Evelyn’s psychiatry visit. Amelia and Everett worked hard to finish dinner, Caesar wraps, before I got home. I rushed them over to the center then carted Phillip to drums.  


Sara took Evelyn and Josie to MCO on Thursday because she volunteered early for the YSC (young singers). I had an extra 15 minutes to make chicken salad on croissants for dinner. This time I made sure to take my attire bins home, I left them last week. Danielle Young made some waves about Heather Haycock. Heather was my “2nd” last year, she is the most gentle, meek soul ever. Danielle did not like that Heather appointed herself as the second, she criticized everything Heather was doing. I am sure Heather was just trying to help out. It’s not my arena anymore. Emaline Flake was driving me nuts on Thursday as well. She came over the night before to get Darrell measured for his tux attire. Jenn texted me saying Joni would voice test the youth boys wanting to transition to Men’s Chorus. I advised Darrell to go instead of his soccer practice because of the voicing. Well, it did not happen. Emaline texted me asking me to arrange Darrell’s voicing before she arrived to pick him up an hour early. I cannot stop rehearsal! Gracious. It will all work out, roll with those punches as the changes come. 


Amelia worked Friday and Saturday at the Farmstead. She is loving the job so far! Amelia either works at the Orchard Stop selling cider-based treats or the Cookie Stop selling chocolate chip cookies. I hear driving home at 9:30 on dark backroads was not her favorite experience. I had a short mini session with the Potter family, they were 40 minutes late?! I decided it was the day to get fall decorations out! The little girls immediately set up a shop using a gnome as a “dooter” and a mini gnome as a credit card reader. I bought decorations from the girls for exorbitant prices, $200 for a small fabric pumpkin? Highway robbery. Josie coined the phrase, “the beard way is the best way!” We quite enjoyed decorating with that fun game going on. Justin and Phillip inventoried his ammo stash in the garage. I brought home a ceiling tile from my classroom someone painted back in 1999. I painted Starry Night over the former masterpiece. Getting my crafty on for a hot minute. Amelia and I used our winning trivia tickets to see Little Women as performed by 10 Columbia HS students. They did an incredibly good job. I loved the actress who played Jo and the gal who played Beth. Excellent.  

Comments

Popular Posts