Utah Trip Installment 1

Cute gal in a cute dress

Phillip flying, Mia sleeping, and my nerdy brother
Amelia brushing Courtenay's teeth, instructing her to open her mouth, teeth together, tongue, etc!

The RAIN is making delightful splatters on our roof as I write. I feel so joyful to draw a deep breath of rain smeared air. Spring is making it's way to Sidney. I cannot wait for the plants to start stirring, the air to warm up, the earth to defrost, and to get my bike back on the road. Ummmm, ahhhhh!

Our trip to Utah was so much fun and quite laid back. We left right after our ward primary activity. Justin was recruited to flip pancakes while I tended the sunbeams. We finally started our trek around 10:30 am. It was a very long haul for a supposed 7.5 hour trip. With a new baby and restless toddler our trip lengthened to 11 hours. Amelia's "baby TV" crapped out two hours into our trip. fortuitously, we were in Cheyenne so made an extra stop at the Walmart for a new DVD player. Neither of us wanted to contemplate the remainder of the drive without a DVD player. How folks traveled without entertainment is nearly beyond me. I do still remember long family trips so have a tiny inkling. Justin and I listened to Harry Potter book 8 most of the trip. I crocheted 4 hats and a diaper cover. *Smile*

We were very glad to finally arrive in SLC. Justin said he experienced a moment of claustrophobia seeing all the lights appear in the SL valley. There are about 100 times the people in SL than in Sidney. LOL. Amelia gave Grandma Debbie a big hug exclaiming, "Nice to see you!" Phillip kicked his nubs and squealed a lot. Soon after arrival we all settled in for a night's rest.

Sunday Amelia wore the new dress I feverishly completed before our trip. So super duper cute! Mom invited Joe and Jeff over for dinner of pork chops, mashed potatoes, and veggies...oh yeah and piping hot bread. My goodness, my mom's bread is about the best stuff ever. This time she rubbed the top with olive oil and sprinkled salt on top. Yikes, it disappeared in about 10 seconds flat. John and I made a strange lemon bar dessert. The bars were not your normal run of the mill lemon bars. Mom showed us a series of videos on You Tube about a scientist/archaeologist who discovered a site where the ark of the covenant is buried. Directly above the site the guy also discovered a crucifixion site damaged by earthquake. On the ark the middle of it was stained with blood. He had the blood tested by Jewish scientists, who related that the blood only had 23 alleles and a male marker but was human. The scientists were stumped even further when they noticed the blood was still alive after reconstitution. They asked the guy where he got the blood sample and whose it was. The guy said it was Christ's blood. Who knows the veracity of the discovery but to have the blood of Christ cover the Mercy Seat of the ark is an incredible thought. Being quite skeptical I was unsure of the whole deal but felt the incredible power of this archaeologist’s testimony. If you want to view the videos let me know!

Comments

I still can't get over how long it took you to get there! Glad it was fun and love Mia's dress...one of these weeks I'll have time to make Ella's dress...

Popular Posts