Utah Trip Installment 3


Tuesday we drove up to Bountiful for a lunch date with my good friend Casey Erickson. She was my boss at DWS and my original trainer. We went up early to get Amelia's hair cut....again. I was not happy with her most recent hair cut. I love Cookie Cutters Salon because they specialize in kid hair cuts. Her new cut is soooo cute. She looks amazing in an a-line bob. With a Dora movie, sitting in a fire truck, a lollipop, and games she was in heaven until the lady cut her bangs. We stayed 10 minutes after her cut so I could observe her hair in motion. Indeed we ended up shaping the left side a bit more. I am not a fan of straight hair. Curly hair is much more forgiving.

We met Casey at Cafe Rio. She is over 30 and strangely has twin 18 month old brothers. Naturally, she was a pro with Phillip! Justin trusted me enough to go to TJ Maxx for some clothes shopping. We headed to Kohl's for more clothes shopping. I refreshed my wardrobe with several new shirts for spring and summer plus a cute pair of shoes. The kids even scored some summer clothes and Justin, new shirts and pants. I have not been clothes shopping since Amelia was born!

Charity and the kids let us come over and visit for an hour before we headed back to Grandma Debbie's. Libby is so grown up at age 10. She is the perfect age for babysitting. Mason and Reagan loved playing with Amelia and Phillip. It was nice to catch up on some of Charity's life and news. We made a stop at the Blue Chip Group for food storage items. Then Emergency Essentials for an electric wheat grinder! I am so excited to have my own grinder.

Wednesday, Grandma Debbie, John, Jeremy, and Jared watched Amelia and Phillip while Justin and I went to the temple. Wow, what a relaxing time. I was so relaxed my eyes would NOT stay open. Phillip and Amelia did not sleep well. Phillip cried every hour or so and Amelia crawled into our bed crowding us to the edges. Courtenay and I went on a wild goose chase after cute fabric shops. We found one disappointing store geared towards old lady quilters. The second one we found was about the cutest store ever, trumping Pine Needles. Material Girl's Fabric had about every fabric designer known on Etsy. I barely escaped with my life and bank account intact. I escaped with two fat quarters and ric rac for Alison. Next time I may buy the whole store. Courtenay found some fun fabrics for curtains and other projects.

Thursday my Grandpa Baerwaldt and Uncle Dave were in the SL area taking Grandma to the hospital for an angiogram. Phillip met his great grandpa for the first time. We met Jana for lunch. She is doing extremely well after her graduation and certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant. I love watching my kids interact with their Aunts and Uncles. John met us at Costco afterwards for essentials like batteries, books, an Easter Dress, and a movie. We had a soup dinner with the entire local family. Mom made an "Everything Orange" soup, John made a Pesole, I made corn chowder, and Miekka made chili. Paired with hot bread we were all stuffed soon after. Mmmmm, perfect dinner and company for a cold evening. Jared is acting sorta strange. He is 14 and being a teenager. I miss my cuddly brother. Jeremy continues to delight us with his sense of humor. Lia stole the show with her cute pig tails.

After dinner we packed up the car and drove to Bountiful to spend the rest of our vacation with Charity and family.

Comments

The Funny Farm said…
Looks like you had a fun trip to Utah. One of these days you'll have to include Idaho and Maybe Oregon on your itinerary. Mom and Dad would love to have you... as would we!! I'd even make you some home made bread - although I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as your moms. :) I can identify with you on th 14 year old boy thing... some days I wonder where my son went and what that other guy did with him!!

Popular Posts