Phillip Moves his Groove





Phillip really proved me wrong soon after the post about his 9th month. The day or so after (Friday) I noticed his right bottom tooth came through. I felt it while he was nursing, little squirrel tried to bite me! Within the matter of an hour today he suddenly learned how to scoot forwards. Amelia put a can of chips about five feet away. He army crawled over, opened the can, and helped himself to a chip...or four. His little bum is so cute all squished up into the air as he gears up to move forwards. I am so proud of my little buddy. He loves refried beans and rice, Popsicles, sippy cups, and now playing on his tummy. PHILLIP IS MOBILE! Watch out! Amelia is already worried about her stuff. He invaded a personal tea party between Amelia and her girls (aka her princess dolls) much to her chagrin. Phillip nearly swallowed a tiny tea cup.

My little garden is exploding with the warmer weather. Friday evening we enjoyed our first green salad made with seven different types of green leaves. Justin manned the grill almost every night this past week for steak kabobs, grilled chicken, zucchini, etc. We are in summer food heaven. Wednesday evening we planted the remainder of my seeds and starts into Sister Meuller's half empty garden plot. Phillip got his first taste of dirt, he really liked it. Thursday we went on a family bike ride down Sidney Draw Road, a little used country road. The bike trailer ended up with a flat, unfortunately, my pump was not working and we both were out of CO2 cartridges. Justin rode ahead to get the pump and come back to help me in the car. We were a block away by the time the cavalry came to assist us. The wind was pretty stiff, which was the main deterrent in my book. Amelia complained most of the time, saying that Dadddy was too far ahead or behind, she was thirsty, that she barfed, that she was hot, that she was cold, etc. Next time I am bringing my iPod.

Amelia is in the very annoying stage of repeating everything about 100 times no matter what my response is. Broken record is a very soft description. 

Saturday morning I photographed a fun family of blond tow heads. Alison found a spot in town that looks like the middle of a tree lined meadow. The morning light was glorious with the spot of shade provided by the trees. I love Ann, she is so funny! Ann was born and raised in Denmark. All of her kids are stunning. The afternoon we spent with the Titus family helping out with a branding.

Comments

mmmm...the fudgesicles look SO good!!! Yeah for mobility...right? It is always exciting yet a little hard to get used to. Have fun baby proofing!

Popular Posts