Easter Sunday

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My favorite song comes to mind during the Easter season: When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.

When I survey the wondrous cross
on which the Prince of Glory died;
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
save in the death of Christ, my God;
all the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to his blood.
See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown.

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were an offering far too small;
love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all.
 
I cannot put my feelings of the atonement and death of Christ better.

Nursery was a bit challenging with super hyper toddler, three transitioning 18 month olds, and a full moon the night before. At one point we were outside with five crying kids sitting around me and Justin chasing the boys around the parking lot. We called in reinforcements! There really is a correlation between behaviour in Nursery and the full moon. LOL.

We invited over the Grunig and Gallego families for an Easter dinner. I made lamb kabobs with a green olive tapenade, red pepper couscous, and cucumber/feta/mint salad. Madison brought over her famous bundt rolls and berry salad. Susan brought an amazing raspberry cake. Quite the spread! The lamb kabobs were amazingly delicious. Lamb is either well prepared or gross. We enjoyed a fun evening with everyone. Socializing with ward family made the holiday feel especially wonderful.

Comments

Unknown said…
What a beautiful Easter day! Your little man looks so big standing with the other 2. And you are right about the full moon! I was touched that so many jumped up to answer your call for help.
Taylor's said…
What a glorious day!

You and your brood are dressed to the 9's!!!
wow, what a crazy Sunday! We had a very quiet small dinner with just us. Very different as we are used to being with friends and family but so nice to spend time with Matt after him being gone so long!

Glad you had reinforcements jump to the rescue so fast....I got little Spencer! :)
Madison Grunig said…
We were so happy you invited us! It was a lovely dinner and yes, your lamb kabobs were delish. I'm sorry nursery was so stressful for you. So glad we have such good ward members so willing to help and so quickly. Cute pictures of you with your kiddos.

Popular Posts