Phillip's Sleepover

 
 
 
 
 
 

Tuesday afternoon Alison came by for a minute. While we talked Phillip climbed into her van and buckled himself into Ella's carseat. Alison offered to take him home for the night. I gathered a couple diapers and some clothes. He let out a "yah-hoo" as Alison drove off. He was not so sure about Deacon, their dog. His little toes are curled in protectively around blinket and monkey on their chair. He warmed up quickly and resorted to petting the dog before bed all by himself. Phillip was in awe by all the big boys willing to play with him and Ella to baby him. He went to sleep on the Ella's floor after his customary 20 minutes of winding down. He came home Wednesday morning with an exuberant "MOMMY!" After his nap on Wednesday he packed his monkey, blinket, diapers, and clothes into his pack-pack ready for another excursion.

Our house was very quiet Tuesday night. It felt strange to use a normal voice for hours on end. No yelling! It was heaven. We missed our crazy boy. He is so cute, quirky, curious, happy, and full of life. I missed his chubby feet, chubby hands, and exclamations of "I DID IT!!!! YES!" If I feel frustrated with him I ask him to say rocketship. It sounds like rocket s*it. Makes me smile enough to temper my anger.  

Comments

Madison Grunig said…
Wow, you posted lots in the last little bit! That's awesome that Phillip got to have a sleepover with the Haleys. I'm sure he loved it and felt like such a big boy.

Happy birthday to Miss Mia! She's a crack up, ordering you all around on how to pose for the perfect picture. I can't imagine where she picked that up... :)

I love all the pictures of Everett. He is such a happy, smiley baby and I love the way his face lights up. You have some awfully sweet kids and you're a darn good mom!
Lucky boy! And lucky Mommy! Sometimes it's just what we need - a night of normal tones. He's such a cutie.
we sure had fun! He did great, maybe we can do it again! :)

Popular Posts