Evelyn 6 Months Old

Oh Miss Evelyn. Oh my. Six months already? Stop it now! I want to freeze her at this stage for a little while longer. I love her serious faces, when she sucks on her tongue, her silly singing expressions, and her smiles. She is a snugly baby, loves to snuggle into my neck and go limp for a few seconds. Just last week she started sitting up unaided, it was so sudden! One day limp as a noodle, the next sitting tall like a big girl. She only sits for a few seconds when I let her. Most of the time she prefers to lay down on her back and admire her pretty socks or toes. When I stand her up she usually doubles over to check out her feet. Earlier this week I was changing her diaper and shaking my head no to something Phillip was asking. I noticed the little monkey was also shaking her head no like me. Since then she developed a whole body "no, no" shake. It is adorable. She blows raspberries and rolls her tongue like an experienced Spanish speaker. She loves to eat apples, pears, and sweet potatoes so far, HATES rice cereal. Her little rolls are so endearing and tempting to kiss. Her favorite toys are a crinkly butterfly, her baby doll, and a ball rattle toy. Her response time grabbing items is quite fast this month. She is earning the title of grabby hands and probe hands.

Dr Shaw weighed her in at 15 lbs 1 oz, right at the 25th percentile for weight. She is 26" long, in the 48th percentile. I think she is gearing up for a growth spurt, at least weight wise. Now that she is eating solids I expect some more chubbies to show up.






























Comments

Tina J. said…
Just beautiful! The photography and the baby girl!

Popular Posts