Stinky Piggy Pies











My kids were funny this week. Or maybe I wasn't as tired as usual so enjoyed them more? Seems like I had a silly story to share each day when Justin came home for lunch or dinner. Our plans to visit the temple were foiled again by the weather. An arctic vortex decided to situate right over our area. Temperatures hovered around a balmy Zero degrees. It is hard to imagine the "feels like" temperature of -12, come to Nebraska and try it out for yourself.

I enjoyed spending time this week taking photos of my beautiful Evelyn for her 6 mth birthday. She is growing way too fast. Saturday I took photos on a turquoise paper and brown set up. Monday on a green paper backdrop. Wednesday on a cream blanket. I really wanted some sleep shots. Those took about 2 hours to finally get. The strobes were too much for her so I pulled out my constant lights and used those. She gave me about 4 minutes! 

Monday morning and again Tuesday evening I taught make up photography classes. I am offering make up classes this Tuesday again. The first two classes are the technical ones. Everett quietly played legos for 90 minutes while I taught the second class. The lady was amazed at how quietly he played. Me too. Elliott came over again this week while Jenny went to class and did homework. He is 8 months old and nearly walking. I am so glad my kids were all later walkers. He was much happier this week! 

Evelyn turned 6 months old on Thursday. She had her well-baby at 8:10 am. Justin helped me get all the kids ready. It is a feat of the greatest degree to get the kids ready to go by 8. Evelyn showed off her skills in the first 2 minutes of her visit, except for blowing raspberries. Dr Shaw mentioned this as she undressed her. Evelyn then decided that Dr Shaw's hands were too cold and blew raspberries to show her discontent. She is absolutely perfect! The boys each ate two doughnut logs after the Dr. I was impressed...and a little sad. I was hoping for a bite. Sigh, probably best they ate all 4 doughnuts.

Class this week was on Shutter Speed, Aperture, and ISO. Essentially, the class was on the exposure triangle and how to manipulate your camera to achieve the results YOU want. The class went smoothly this week. I think everyone enjoyed it! I know I did. Justin deserves a medal for taking all the kids again.

We huddled down Friday while the arctic vortex whistled through town. Boredom crashed our party before noon on Saturday. We decided to drive to Sterling for the heck of it. We enjoyed our favorite restaurant, Santiago's for lunch. Went to Walgreens and scored lots of Shea Lotion Olive and Marula baby lotion (the most heavenly lotion and scent ever). Then we went loco again and took the kids to Walmart for our food shopping. 

Some funnies of the week:
Everett to Phillip: Phillip...you a lollipop!
Phillip crying: Noooooo, I no have a stick.

Phillip as he jumped out of the van and onto a slick patch of ice: Oh Man! I got my drunk shoes on today! Stinky piggy pies! **Later he told me he was saying strong shoes, not drunk shoes. 

The kids were playing dino puppies. Amelia said, "Phillip you are named Dino. I am named Dino-rea!" She never realized why I was laughing so hard. 


Comments

I wish my schedule would work out for me to attend your classes! Great job!

Popular Posts